P-51 drop tank plumbing help

Does anyone have clear reference for the drop tank plumbing on a Mustang?

I'm adding the 75g to the current project but would be interested in the 110g as well for future builds.

I have a decent library of ref books on the P51 but none really show how the lines run to the wing.

The 48th scale Tamiya tank has 2 small holes and in some pics it looks like they combine before entering the wing. I also have seen where one goes into wing and the is a vent to open air.

Especially if there is a drawn out diagram!!

Maybe from a manual?

Does the new 32nd scale have these lines included?

Pic or instruction diagram from that kit?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Steve

Well, all is well and good with that illustration if your subject is a P-51D-20 (if memory serves) and later. Prior to that, the point where the external plumbing connected into the wing is further back (about midway along the external stores pylon again, if memory serves). Not that big a deal really but if you're looking for absolute accuracy and your aircraft is prior to block 20, you're going to want to change that. Sorry to be the fly in the ointment....

Thanks for chiming in timc.

I'm not much of a "rivet-counter" but I appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts!

If you have any visual reference to post I'd certainly love to see it.

Thanks again! :salute:

• 3 weeks later...