EMB-314 Super Tucano - 1:48 Hobbyboss

Oh I like the Angolan!

I think it's the same shar mouth design as the Dominicans and Colombians.

However shark mouth I think the last one is a regular tucano.

Yes, the sharkmouth is the same of Colombian and Dominican, but changing colors. Thanks Juan, but all these photos are the same I have here... I am in search of an in flight photo taken of upper view. :unsure:

And the last photo is a T-27 Tucano ;)

Who is Juan? Is Pep Juan?

The point for the last photograph is to ask if the scheme (which is what you're asking about) could have changed much from the Tucano to Super Tucano with regards to markings placement and so on. Also, note the civil registration on the pre-delivery of the Angola aircraft. This means a factory applied scheme. If this same pattern (perhaps with different colors) exists for another air force, it should make the chances of finding the upper scheme easier!

Regards,

Oh God! Please excuse me for having changed your name Saul! :unsure: :bandhead2:

The color scheme applied on the T-27 is quite different from that was applied in the A-29, not only in colors but also in tracing, this can be noticed in the its pictures on the ground, where the fuselage has a singular design camouflage, and like in mauritanian ones, the colors are mirrored from one side to the other.

in this picture were the plane is slightly ahead it is possible to see where the colors start in front of the wings, and in another photo as they are on the ailerons. Based on this I extrapolated this figure below.

DE7uH3d.jpg

Edited by FCM

Hi Felipe,

Now it is my turn to apologize, I meant scheme as in national markings locations and style. The camouflage scheme is definitely different due to it being a different aircraft altogether!

when I get some time, I will try visiting some of the Angolan sites and also check to see if other countries' Super Tucanos are using the same camouflage pattern.

Regards,

Also note that the right aileron and flap have tan overlapping them (only slightly on the flap and more on the aileron).

Perhaps like this?

r3JcojT.jpg

Ok that Angolan scheme is cool. It is interesting that there is no fuselage roundels. I wonder why that would be. I know some air forces do that but is it pretty common?

Now with so many nice schemes coming out I might to get more than one kit. Crap too many kits and not enough time. I really need a day with 40 hours in it instead of 24 :)

Sm,

My apologies, I did not understand the context of the last picture then.

As to the roundels I don't think the angolan su-27 had fuselage roundels either. Maybe it's a thing with them?

Here a little help for all friends who intend to build the HobbyBoss kit with the chilean version, once the painting guide in the kit is incomplete :thumbsup: :

jrhU3QY.jpg

I have started building mine and so far its been interesting.

I am trying to keep this one completely OOB just to familiarize myself with the kit.

couple of things to note:

IP decal placement is wrong, instructions will have you place the forward decals on the aft IP and vice versa. on that note the decals of the IPs are real nice.

Remember to add nose weight! and lots of it!

Remove and molded antennas and save them to replace right before you are ready to paint, you will loose them!

The transparencies are very VERY delicate (i already cracked one). Some hoe HB managed to get 2 mold lines not just one.

The ST does have a a cord inside the canopy but i don't think its a det cord since it is not inside the glass.

The lines will need to be removed.

outer pylons are to long, they would obstruct the ailerons in the real thing.

walk ways are molded on both sides. should just be on left side as Felipe mentioned.

I build the HUD per instructions but when i added the front windshield it would not let it fir. had to modify the hud to just 1 glass.

Theres more but i cant think of it all right now.

I don't have scale plans for it, but I have a set of fairly accurate side profiles that I drew for my decal designs. I scaled these drawings to match the published dimensions for the Super Tucano, and I can say that the outline and dimensions of the kit match them almost spot-on. If the published data is correct, than this is a pretty accurate kit, at least in overall proportions and planform.(too bad about the belly, though)

Edited by KursadA

Another interesting detail is a glass between the front and rear cockpit, fixed on canopy internally. In this video of Colombian A-29 you can see the reflexion on that at 1:23

Edited by FCM

Another interesting detail is a glass between the front and rear cockpit, fixed on canopy internally. In this video of Colombian A-29 you can see the reflexion on that at 1:23

It is somewhat difficult to see, but still visible in this photo. Look at the dolly on the ground next to the airplane to see the edge of the glass separator.

Looks like Hobby Boss screwed up the wings as well - specifically the spans of the ailerons and flaps are not correctly proportioned. I will try to describe a fix in the decal sheet instructions, as it becomes pretty noticeable while painting the Smoke Squadron scheme.

My decal sheet is waiting the arrival of the kits i bought from Squadron 10 days ago(it takes about 20 days to arrive here). This is because I need to redraw the sharkmouths to fit the kit correctly. I made the drawings upon the Duarte's resin kit, ahd the nose shape of both kits are not the same...

After that, the decals take another 20 days to be printed, and more other 20 days to get here... I believe that the decals will be ready only mid july. :(

i found another detail asking for correction on the kit:

hbUZcxC.jpg

I can understand that HB has forgotten, or not even seen the small front door, but should have positioned the front landing gear in the right place . Or maybe the gear bay and its door is too large. :blink:

Edited by FCM

My decal sheet is waiting the arrival of the kits i bought from Squadron 10 days ago(it takes about 20 days to arrive here). This is because I need to redraw the sharkmouths to fit the kit correctly. I made the drawings upon the Duarte's resin kit, ahd the nose shape of both kits are not the same...

After that, the decals take another 20 days to be printed, and more other 20 days to get here... I believe that the decals will be ready only mid july. :(/>

i found another detail asking for correction on the kit:

hbUZcxC.jpg

I can understand that HB has forgotten, or not even seen the small front door, but should have positioned the front landing gear in the right place . Or maybe the gear bay and its door is too large. :blink:/>

It looks as if the easiest fix would be to cut the door into two parts and make a front door. The landing gear is close to being in the right spot at least.