EMB-314 Super Tucano - 1:48 Hobbyboss

Here is a pic of my current ST project.

Decals came from different sources.

The mouth is from the hobby boss kit, numbers and stencils are from the Resin kit made by AVM and the roundels are from zots Central American collection.

SO far so good.

c8fBBdr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We will need to paint the light green matching the green on lightning under flag?

Yes, it was either that or having to require the users to mask the lightning shape, which would have discouraged most users. This is a complex paint scheme and my design is the best compromise I could come up with. I think a slightly lightened Tamiya X-28 Park Green is a good match, and I will provide suggestions for every color on the scheme.

Edited by KursadA
my design is the best compromise I could come up with. I think a slightly lightened Tamiya X-28 Park Green is a good match, and I will provide suggestions for every color on the scheme.

Would you consider colored rectangles to allow the users to cut what they need instead of trying to match colors?

Regards,

This is the decal sheet in its final shape; and I can not add anything at this point. I don't think these are difficult colors to match, though - and the instructions will be very clear on what needs to be done. As I mentioned, this is not a simple scheme (and I designed lots of decals for various schemes); this was the best way I could come up with.

Edited by KursadA

Kursd,

I remember you mentioning at some point that the trail decal would have to be applied before the stabilizers.

I think this would be a mistake. After having build the kit, i can tell you it fits quite well. But still requires some filler.

I think they tail decal would work best if cut to shape, and applied around the contour of the HS root.

Of course it is possible to apply these in the way you described. I believe applying it before the stabilizers would be easier, and will suggest this approach in the instructions.

I don't have FS numbers for any of the colors, all I can suggest is an approximate match and you will have to wait until the instructions are ready.

Edited by KursadA

Well HB produces toys (for 30 to 60 years olds)... smile.gif

I guess the photos are there to check the color saturation and alignment of the color overlays during printing.

Edited by Laurent