Interestested in doing a commemeration of the 100 aniversary?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Interestested in doing a commemeration of the 100 aniversary?

The build would incorporate all manner of models, correct? From Armor to Ships? Maybe put in a blurb on the "other" (besides Aircraft) forums. I know this is in "General" but some peeps may not stop by all that often. :thumbsup:

Not a bad idea...

I think some modellers look at WWI aircraft and get scared off by the rigging, but it's really not that difficult to do - time consuming, yes, but not difficult. And in any case there are a number of late-war types that have minimal rigging, and are available as modern kits in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32, such as;

Fokker Dr.1

449336.jpg

Fokker D.VII

Fokker_D_VII_SE-XVO_OTT_2013_04.jpg

Fokker D.VIII

2077229.jpg

Junkers J.I

juj1-2.jpg

Vince

I think some modellers look at WWI aircraft and get scared off by the rigging, but it's really not that difficult to do - time consuming, yes, but not difficult. And in any case there are a number of late-war types that have minimal rigging, and are available as modern kits in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32, such as;

Thats why I picked up two Fokker D.VII My link

We have 26 votes now so we should be in!

Edited by Spectre711

Name: Great War GB

Dates: July 1 2014 to December 1 2014 or whatever fits in.

Mods: vince14, Procopius, Spectre711

Link to planning thread: http://www.arcforums...howtopic=268926

Description: Land, sea or air. Anything to commemorate the 100 year anniversary of the start of WW I.

Took care of that back in November thinking the votes would come quicker.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an old (and probably very inaccurate) 1/48 Monogram Sopwith Camel that has been kicking around long enough. If I can source out some markings for it (the kit decals are long since shot) then that's what I plan on doing.

Cheers!

Don.

1/48:

Eduard-

Albatros C.III

Albatros D.II

Albatros D.V

Nieuport 17

Nieuport 21

Hanriot HD I

Airco DH 2

Sopwith 2F.1

Bristol F.2B

Roden-

Fokker D.VII

RAF S.E.5a

Gavia-

Fokker D.II

Albatros W4

Glencoe-

Nieuport 28

DML-

SPAD 13

Special Hobby-

Pfalz D. XII

1/35:

RPM-

Renault FT 17

Fact is, once the anniversary date rolls around there will always be one of these on the bench until they're done. And there are still a few holes-I'd like to get a Rumpler C type, SPAD 7, early Bristol and Fokker monoplanes.

But what I really need is to figure out where to start...

Ken

I really don't know what I'm going to build. I've got a modest stash of WW1 aircraft so it could be any of the usual aviation suspects. I have had my eye on the Airfix Iron Duke so a ship isn't out of the question and Emhar has some neat WW1 armor kits I've almost bought many times so a tank or armored car is a possibility as well. Will just have to see where my mind is at when the GB comes around (I'm always misplacing it so nothing new there).

Hmmmm, a Great War GB???? It sounds interesting and I would like to take part but, I haven't started yet to build my kits for the Bad Boys GB... so, future will tell!!!

We haven't gotten a date yet so if you didn't vote yet, please do it. I would think that we wouldn't get a start until July or later so you have close to half a year to build something.

Edit you post in the GB forum to show we're over 25 votes. You could also drop Neo a PM to let him know.

Vince

I think Shawn is one of the GB Moderators and he put use back on the list when we hit 25 yes votes. I didn't know you could be pulled off the list.

Edited by Spectre711