Often in life we see the creations, or efforts of someone and say " Oh wow!!! that man/woman is truly gifted" without ever knowing who that person is. Such is the case of me and Mr. Fred Shammas. I admired his work without really knowing much about the man, only that whoever it was that did the builds was truly gifted far beyond my wildest aspirations. Thank you SBARC for your tribute to him, we can all now truly appreciate all of this masters works. It is often said that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I can't imagine how Mr. Shammas felt when a foreign air force used his work to say see we have these planes and and they are in operational condition. I hope he got a chuckle in knowing that some very astute modelers would say hey waitaminit....those are models, very, very good models, but still models done by a very very advanced modeler. So good are they that; that most of the people who see them will assume that they are the real article.

Godspeed Mr. Shammas, and thank you for your builds which will inspire modelers and et.al,more than any of us will ever know.

Edited by #1 Greywolf
  • 6 years later...
On 1/9/2020 at 12:03 PM, JohnReid said:

Are his pics avaible here anymore?

You'd have to go check the Gallery section where the IRIAF jet types would be posted.   Here is a quick link to an article from back in the day by Fred himself.   Superb artist.   http://www.arcair.com/Gal13/12501-12600/gal12556-F-5-Shammas/00.shtm

Edited by Drifterdon