Cleveland model show nov 3

Cleveland model show is coming up. Anyone going? I went two years ago but missed last year. I plan on take about 5 or 6 cars, an Apache, and possibly a B-17 or 2 and my F-4. I would take the 1/32 F-18 but I don't want to break it.

Not sure if ill have any money for the vendors thanks to the government. Let's hope.

Looks like I will be in town for this one. Looking forward to it, it's always a good show. As a "Plank Owner" for the Cleveland club it will be good to see some old friends again.

Crazy Don, looking forward to seeing you again also if you can make it, will John B. be making the trip with you? Would like to see him again also.

:cheers:

Itch

Sounds good! I got there stupid early last time and probably wont get there as early this time. I'll be wearing my Vodafone McLaren Mercedes hat probably. Since I'll be bringing 3-4 F1 cars. Hope it's a good show again!

Looks like a buddy and myself will be heading down for the show. I'm thinking about taking a B-17 and possibly a TBF, but I'm nervous about transporting them.

How are the vendors for this show? Pretty good?

Any local shops that are worth checking out while we are in town?

The vendors are usually really good, in my opinion. It is usually 1/2 gymnasium vendors and 1/2 for the contest. Prices are usually pretty good. Local hobby shops are Depot Train, Wings, and Parma Hobby. They are about a 20 to 30 minute drive from Kirtland.

http://www.depotland.com

http://lakewood-oh.patch.com/listings/wings-hobby-shop

http://www.parmahobby.com

Hope you can make it.

Tom

Looks like I will be in town for this one. Looking forward to it, it's always a good show. As a "Plank Owner" for the Cleveland club it will be good to see some old friends again.

Crazy Don, looking forward to seeing you again also if you can make it, will John B. be making the trip with you? Would like to see him again also.

:cheers:/>

Itch

We're coming up together :P

• 2 weeks later...

Got home a bit ago. Was a good show with I think 487 models this year. I met two great ARCers TomG and Marvin20. Tom won a first place and Marvin20 won as well but sadly I forget for what. Brain fart.

I got a 3rd and 2nd for a couple F1 cars. My first awards ever at only my second show ever.

Took a few pics and will post a selection either later or tomorrow.

Edited by Bigasshammm

Final post. I forgot to list my scores of the day!

I got the HK 1/32 B-17 for 220$ which took some convincing from the wife. Then I found two Wave Benetton Formula 1 kits that I've wanted for a while. Which were also basically the only F1 kits at the show.

I'll also be buying a 1/72 B-17 from TomG but I had ran out of money by time I noticed it. So I'll pick it up in a few weeks when I go check out my first model club meeting.

Signing off

K

Got home a bit ago. Was a good show with I think 487 models this year. I met two great ARCers TomG and Marvin20. Tom won a first place and Marvin20 won as well but sadly I forget for what. Brain fart.

I got a 3rd and 2nd for a couple F1 cars. My first awards ever at only my second show ever.

Took a few pics and will post a selection either later or tomorrow.

Kris,

It was nice to meet you and your wife. Congratulations on your awards! They were well deserved, your work is beautiful. :thumbsup:/> It was a really fun day, very well attended and a lot of models to admire. Thanks for posting some pictures. I like the Godzilla coming out of the water too.

Marvin20 was awarded 2nd for a superbly done Hasegawa 1/72 F/A-18F Super Hornet in VFA-102 Diamondbacks markings. I placed with the Platz 1/72 X-47B.

All the best,

Tom

Edited by Tom G

A friend and I drove down and both entered a model. We were both impressed with the attendance of the show. It was busy! I managed to snag a few 1/32 Revell props in the cheap for nostalgia's sake. Also picked up a 1/48 B-17F that I plan to convert to a D using the Koster set. The quality of the models entered were amazing, and put my B-17 I entered to shame! Very well done everyone!

After a 5 hour drive both ways, I'm pretty tired this morning wink.gif

Edited by mynameismatt

That looks good in a great show!

Kris, congrats on the wins, those are sharp F1 cars ... Tom, same to you with your X-47 ...

Nice photos of the models too, love that Godzilla dio ...

-Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost