HK Meteor F.4 test shot arrived

It looks just like the test shot build up that was in Tokyo. Only not built up :)/>/>. I'm in class all day today.

Glen - no I'm working all weekend

Edit: and because apparently some people can't stand the suspense, I will try to get some pics posted on Thursday when I'm off. Of course, I could gold plate it and serve it up with caviar and some of the little ones here wouldn't be happy, I'm sure.

Edited by Jennings

Worthless post award of the week. Congrats!

You might want to update your Facebook instead...

A little harsh?

Just a heads up that more will hopefuly be forthcoming soon?

I have seen far more pointless posts on modeling forums!

Julien

First time I've tried taking pics of sprues with my occular telecommunication/computing device (whose name you can't spell out here, for some bizarre reason). Pics are better than with my big DSLR! There was some damage to the parts in transit, so that's not the fault of HK. As you can see, I haven't tried to assemble the kit yet, but what you see is a complete test shot, and represents what you will get in the box. No engine detail is provided, as HK say they want to let the aftermarket have a chance to do their magic with the kit. Given the overall simplicity of the Meteor, and since the cockpit is essentially a black hole, the detail there looks pretty good. You'll notice a recess for the speed brakes. I'm assuming they will be found on the PE fret, which I don't have a copy of. Decal choices are yet to be fixed in stone, but it's likely that 600 Squadron will be one of them.

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

I'm lobbying very hard for an F.8. I wouldn't look too hard for any other Meteors from HK, at least not in the foreseeable future. They have loads of other projects underway that will make a lot of folks very happy, if not a little pressed for space in their houses!

J