P-47N wheel diameter?

Got the Trumpeter 1/32 kit that has P-47C/D wheels with covers rather than the 8 spokes. Would Corsair/Hellcat wheels be a workable substitute? Couldn't find a comparison on the web and wonder if anybody here has good info.

Thanks for any help.

Got the Trumpeter 1/32 kit that has P-47C/D wheels with covers rather than the 8 spokes. Would Corsair/Hellcat wheels be a workable substitute? Couldn't find a comparison on the web and wonder if anybody here has good info.

Thanks for any help.

P-47B, C & D, this Wheel had only 6 spokes and cover had 3 dzus fastener

tires 34x9

jante_10.jpg

Edited by Sowar

P-47B, C & D, this Wheel had only 6 spokes and cover had 3 dzus fastener

tires 34x9

jante_10.jpg

So you can see why I don't want to use the kit wheels in the P-47N kit.

Anybody know if the 8 spoke wheels of Hellcats & Corsairs are close enough in diameter & width to pass as P-47N wheels?

I was going to use a set of the Hasegawa P-47 wheels with the 8 spoked wheel inserts from either the ZM or Trumpeter Skyraider. They match up pretty close and look the part. I "was" going to do that... I spoke with Roy Sutherland of Barracuda Studios at this year's IPMS Nationals and he said he hadn't got to the P-47N wheels yet but intends to do them. If you have not seen his most recent 1/32 scale wheels, you are missing some real works or art! I intend to wait and see if he gets to the P-47N wheels because they will be outstanding. If you can't wait, do the Frankenstein work I mentioned above.

Have fun,

Kirk Taylor

I was going to use a set of the Hasegawa P-47 wheels with the 8 spoked wheel inserts from either the ZM or Trumpeter Skyraider. They match up pretty close and look the part. I "was" going to do that... I spoke with Roy Sutherland of Barracuda Studios at this year's IPMS Nationals and he said he hadn't got to the P-47N wheels yet but intends to do them. If you have not seen his most recent 1/32 scale wheels, you are missing some real works or art! I intend to wait and see if he gets to the P-47N wheels because they will be outstanding. If you can't wait, do the Frankenstein work I mentioned above.

Have fun,

Kirk Taylor

Man, that's exactly what I wanted to read--just saw the Hellcat/Corsair sets he put out. I can get started and add the gear last when he gets around to the P-47N wheels/tires.

Thanks!

sorry, I don't understood that you build an N,

if the tire was 34x9.9 for the N, I have not detail for the wheel

Merci beau coup--Trumpeter just re-used the wheels from the D kit.

From the chart posted, P-47 wheels are 16/8 and Hellcats/Corsair are 16/7, so the wheel is at least close.

Hellcat/Corsair tires are 32X8 vs. 34X9.9, so a 1/32 substitution won't work, but with Barracuda P-47N resin in the future, that's the way to go.