Accurate Miniatures 1/48 Grumman TBF-1C Avenger

I'm entering with a Grumman TBF-1C Avenger. It'll be an out of the box build without any aftermarket bits. The box says the decals are for VT-2 , USS Hornet (CV-12), Air Group 11 (CVG-11), 1943. After looking into it, I discovered that it is VT-2, USS Hornet (CV-12), Air Group 2 (CVG-2), 1944. Really wish this kit gave you a choice bewteen bombs or torpedo, but it just has bombs. Should be a fun build, though.

null_zpscf380a30.jpg

null_zps205a1b08.jpg

null_zpsaa97e67c.jpg

Little bit of progress. Since this is a Grumman Avenger, I used Euro 1 Dark Green (FS 34092) for the Bronze Green parts of the cockpit. After looking at the instrument panel on this kit, I've broke down and ordered the Eduard Zoom cockpit set from Sprue Brothers today. Should be here in a couple days.

null_zpsb73ebf9a.jpg

null_zpsce5469bf.jpg

null_zpscb615349.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Ordered the Eduard photo-etch set for the interior, did a wash on the interior, got most of the cockpit together, and have the engine together. Once I get started on the gunners' positions, this build should start picking up speed. I also think I've decided to do this build with the bomb bay doors closed.

null_zps16d9d4a2.jpg

null_zpsfe60a50b.jpg

null_zps022c4179.jpg

null_zps36a292b2.jpg

null_zpsb3759e75.jpg

null_zps19dfd050.jpg

null_zps0adeb0f3.jpg

null_zps72d1993e.jpg