I use model masters acryl and enamels who and what is the best way to store them. was going to store them at a 45 to 30 degree angle. does any one know if that cause any problems over time and how often do change colors out even if not used.

I'm not sure storing them at an angle will make much difference, but do give the bottles a good shake every so often to keep the contents from settling out and gumming up in the bottom of the bottle.

Also, keep acrylics away from anywhere they might encounter freezing temperatures. Freezing ruins acrylic paint completely (I leaned that the hard way in art school years ago)

For long term storage I store my jars upside down, easier than what ever angle..... :huh:

I just did some cleaning and found 22 bottles of MM enamels stored upside down. Probably 10 years or older. I salvaged all but 4 of them.

change your caps to these http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/28400-CT-Black-Ribbed-PolyCone-Lined-Phenolic-Cap-P212.aspx

then blow into them as you close them,,,,,,,,store at any angle you want after, the paint can't get to the threads anymore, and the paint rides down the cone and drips back into the main body of paint each time you close the cap

Spectre, yes

28-400 is the Testors Model Master cap size

these caps fit Testors, PolyScale, Aeromaster 1/2 oz jars, they fit the 1 oz Floquil and Flogquil/PolyScale jars,,,,,,and the plastic jars from LifeColor and Talon

the LifeColor caps have a "lip seal" feature that also works by using LifeColor caps on the glass jars listed above

I give my bottles a light rub of ChapStick on the threads,,,,,and then you never have to use tools to open a jar again (sometimes it does take a rubber glove to get grip),,,,,,,,,if for some reason a PolyCone liner ever does stick to the jar, it is a separate part of the cap, so, the cap still will spin, letting you pop the liner out of the jar,,,,,,the liner then clicks right back into the lid (I had that happen a couple of times with MM Enamel)

ps the Google search string for more options and vendors is ,,,,,,,,,, 28-400 Polycone liner

Edited by Rex

28-400 is the Testors Model Master cap size

these caps fit Testors, PolyScale, Aeromaster 1/2 oz jars, they fit the 1 oz Floquil and Flogquil/PolyScale jars,,,,,,and the plastic jars from LifeColor and Talon

Do you know if they have a size that will fit the 1/4 oz. Testor's paint jars?

no, I do not know that, because I didn't look for it

The way I did it was to order a group of sample products that were close in size from one of the companies that I found via Google

I got all the 1/2 oz glass jars from them, and matching caps

then I tried on the caps on the Model Master bottles, and tried the Model Master and LifeColor caps on the sample bottles,,,,,28-400 is the size that matched up

you could do the same thing with the Testors square bottles,,,,,and to save you a step, those caps are smaller than the PolyCone caps that come on Alclad II 4 oz bottles (those are smaller than MM, but, bigger than Testors)

these

http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/22400-CT-Black-Ribbed-PolyCone-Lined-Phenolic-Cap-P5858.aspx

might be the size that fit the Testors square bottles,,,,,,I would Google 22-400 until I found a company that sends samples

this might be flawed logic, but, the Model Master metal caps measure 28mm on the OD, and take a 28-400 cap,,,,,the Testors caps measured 22mm on the OD,,,,,,and 24-400 is the measurement on the Alclads

Actually, Rex, that is the correct way to get the first number - it is the diameter of the cap. The second has to do with threading, but I'm not sure exactly what it represents. If the 1/2 oz jars and the smaller jars use the same threads, then 24-400 would be right.

I just received a 22-400 sized cap, and I can confirm that it does indeed fit the 1/4 oz. Testor's jars. I also got 30 of the larger 28-400 sizes, and I'm using them to replace the awful stock caps on my 1/2 oz. jars.