My Wife Vs Fokker Eindecker

I had several models that were on display @ my LHS, and I picked them up a few days ago while I was driving my wife's Grand Cherokee. I had them in a big tupperware tub on a towel and left them in the back of the Jeep. One of them was Eduards 1/48 Fokker Eindecker, and it was one of the best models I've ever done. The rigging was close to perfect, and it was a bear to do. Well, my wife threw a heavy winter coat on top of them damaging them all. The rest were minorly damaged, and fixable, but the Eindecker was crushed. The top is all PE and rigging, and it was just flattened. I was just as crushed as the Eindecker was. I barely slept that night! Ah well. Maybe I'll do another one some day but I doubt I could match that rigging job. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. Feels good to tell folks who can understand.

• 2 months later...

I have three little girls. Between them they have destroyed many of my 'masterpieces'. The latest was a 1/8 Honda racing bike which I had been labouring over. A couple of pieces snapped off. I'll never get them how they should be, but hopefully no one will notice but me...

• 1 month later...

Horrible story! My 2 year old daughter flew 1:72 scale Roy Brown's Camel a year ago. It was "vintage" kit, but I really liked it rememebreing a lot of fun and satisfacion during build. She just took it and crashed against a display cabined wall. All my display cabinets are secured with plastic clamps now.

I can only imagine how you felt. When I transport any models I use plastic containers with towels underneath the models, and I make sure that I use the container's cover just in case. You'll eventually build another Fokker when you're ready.

Joel