This will be the 1/72 version of my upcoming YF-23 sheet; intended for the Italeri and Dragon kits that have been languishing in your stashes for years. Many thanks to Mike (of Vagabond Decals) who kindly lent me an Italeri 1/72 YF-23 kit for the sizing checks. Coming sometime in December.

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you confirm that the 1/144 addendum is packed with the 1/72 sheet, I've checked the 1/72 artwork and there's no mention of it.

There are no 1/144 markings on the sheet. Sorry, it did not work out. Let me explain:

The 1/48 and 1/72 sheets,combined, had to fit in a certain area to meet my cost target. Adding the 1/144 section was increasing the cost of the 1/72 sheet to almost the same level as the 1/48 sheet. The only possible way to add 1/144 markings would have been eliminating duplicate common elements between PAV-1 and PAV-2, which would have decreased the value of the 1/72 sheet considerably. The 1/48 sheet allows you to build both prototypes, why should the 1/72 version force you to choose between the two?

After a day of trying to lay out the sheet again, I had to make the decision to remove the 1/144 section. Trying to accommodate these markings without significantly enlarging the area was taking too much time, and I could not afford to spend another day on this and delay the entire batch any longer. My apologies for not communicating this here before the release of the sheet, I just forgot.

As you noticed, the product page has no mention of 1/144, and it has been that way since the page was first created a couple days ago. That said, if anyone ordered the 1/72 sheet with the expectation of 1/144 markings, please contact me and I will issue you a refund.

Edited by KursadA
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm probably one of the first ones to get the sheet in 1/72, and I have to I'm very excited to have received it. The decals look awesome, and I'm looking forward to improving the kit to match.

I do have a couple of bits of feedback on the instruction sheet, however. There are a couple of things that I've been able to get by following the 1/48 scale thread and saving reference from there, but would be at a loss if I did not have that resource.

1. As far as I can tell, the red border on the vent should only be on the port side of the aircraft, not on both sides as shown by the instruction sheet.

2. The instruction sheet does not show where to put decals S2/6 or S3/7

A great set of decals, maybe something on the reference page (once it is up) to address the two points above.

Thanks a lot,

Hoops

Kursad,

My YF-23 decals arrived on Saturday and look great. I was spurred to get my order in after seeing your YF-23 and decals go for over $100 on eBay! Made me think I'd missed the boat and both the kit and decals were no longer available. So, I put in my order for your decals over Christmas and ordered a kit on eBay from China. It's too beautiful of an aircraft to not have one to build.

Thanks,

Rodney

PS - I bought my wife the new Silhouette Cameo for Christmas and need to try it out for masks. The older Silhouette didn't seem to cut very crisp on smaller lettering in at the corners of cuts.

Edited by Rodney

mine too.Tracker says :December 22, 2013 10:03:00 CHICAGO, IL 60666 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY.Does this mean its still on America?

I hope is a christmas delay of UPS service.

Edited by Amen

Please give it a few more days, this is a busy time of the year. If you still don't have it in 10-15 days, let me know and I will send a replacement. Chicago is the exit point for international mail going out of this area of the US; so if the last entry you see on the tracking info is Chicago, it is probably already in your country.

mine too.Tracker says :December 22, 2013 10:03:00 CHICAGO, IL 60666 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY.Does this mean its still on America?

I hope is a christmas delay of UPS service.

Exactly same here. Will you be building PAV-2 Amen?

Please give it a few more days, this is a busy time of the year. If you still don't have it in 10-15 days, let me know and I will send a replacement. Chicago is the exit point for international mail going out of this area of the US; so if the last entry you see on the tracking info is Chicago, it is probably already in your country.

No worries, i wrote about it here just to check it wasn't just me. :)

• 2 weeks later...