What ever happend to trumpeter's 1/48 mig-21mf?

If memory serves me right I remember trumpeter at one point announcing a mig-21mf right after they released the f-13/f-7 I recall even seeing the box art of a mig seen from behind in a Tarmac. What this ever released? Am I imagining things??

I know the eduard will always reign supreme but for a quick cheap build the trumpy would have been better than the current academy offering.

Ah so I didn't imagine it haha! Randy, yes they would come at around $30 but if more out of curiosity.

My club in the Dominican Republic is doing a group build and many of them opted for the academy over the eduard. Just becouse is a simple build and lower price (an academy can be found for about $15 ),

I've already build both eduard and acady so I got a trumpy J-7 and I must say if looks like it will be an enjoyable build.

Here in the US I bet if the Trumpeter ever makes it here it will be the same price as the Eduard. I never buy Eduard here in the US. It can be bought much less expensive including postage from England, Poland Ukraine or right from the Czech republic.

Here in the US I bet if the Trumpeter ever makes it here it will be the same price as the Eduard.

The Trumpeter MiG-21MF isn't even listed as a future item on Stevens Hobby or Squadron (both importers/distributors of the brand). I do buy my kits elsewhere as, even with shipping, there are deals to be had.

Regards,

• 1 year later...

Released.

55ea9a7c97b90.jpg

If this profile comes from the CAD model used for tooling the kit, then I'm glad that the Eduard kits exist. Skinny nose, bloated canopy... it reminds me of the 1/72 KP MiG-21MF.

Edit: the bulged canopy that make the nose too skinny.

Edited by Laurent

Trumpeter's decal placement illustrations often (inexplicably) don't begin to match the shapes of their kits.

In any event, there is no earthly way theirs could be as good as the Eduard MF.

Here we go again . . . Jumping to conclusions before the kit is even out !

Profile is coherent with the test shot posted almost two years ago. Bloated canopy was already there. Check post #4.

Edited by Laurent

Do you have the Eduard kit? Have you ever seen ANY Trumpeter kit that comes remotely close? Didn't think so.

But... I suppose there's every reason to think this kit represents a new leaf for Trumpeter, and that it will far surpass the Eduard MiG-21MF in every way. And pigs might sprout wings and fly too, I suppose.

Edited by Jennings

Do you have the Eduard kit? Have you ever seen ANY Trumpeter kit that comes remotely close? Didn't think so.

But... I suppose there's every reason to think this kit represents a new leaf for Trumpeter, and that it will far surpass the Eduard MiG-21MF in every way. And pigs might sprout wings and fly too, I suppose.

Very sacastic, Jennings . . . no wonder you were banned from Britmodeller.