Notification "This post has been edited by..."

I am just wondering.. In some forums, I can disable the notification like "This post has been edited by UserName: A minute ago", which pops up below the message after a post has been edited by the author.

Is this possible on the ARC Forum, too?

:D Some forums don't have this. When a post is amended byt he OP nothing appears below the post telling the world that the post has been edited. Even some other php forums don't have it so I'm wondering if it's a forum owner option to have that feature or not. Myself if the option were there to not have it I wouldn't bother with it. Perhaps Steve Bamford could weigh in and explain this to us as I also have no idea but to me personally it seems like a pointless band width wasting feature. If I make a typo or three or want to add some new info or delete something I've found out is incorrect or incomplete why does everyone else need to know about it.

:cheers:,

Ross.

If I make a typo or three or want to add some new info or delete something I've found out is incorrect or incomplete why does everyone else need to know about it.

Exactly this is my point. I am typing too fast. Unless I re-read the post several times before submitting, there is a very high possibillity that I will edit that post to correct typos afterwards. I haven't even thought about the bandwidth issue.

• 3 weeks later...

You can always go on Airf*x tribute forum. If you miss a full stop, coma, semi whatsit, exclamation, question marks. The MOD, Rat*hit, comes on either b*ll*cks you in the thread, not PM or just starts re writing your post. I couldn't stand it I left after a few weeks. I wasn't sure if I was back at 1st year juniors or planet Zog. Full stop :bandhead2: , coma :bandhead2: ,question mark :bandhead2: .