ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
no_man_army

lights help

I would get on ebay and look up fiber optic kits for models. They should have everything you need in one shot and for cheap. Its what I plan on doing for my 1/32 F-18

I'd go with led's, I wired a 1/48 A-7 with fiber optic, and if not done right the light is not very noticeable.

Curt

Cheers for the help. Im picking up the hawk tomorrow so ill have to check to see if a 5mm led on ebay will fit as they have some cool flashing led's. I was thinking of using fibre optics for the instrument panels but im not too sure at the moment.

The instrument panel is what I was talking about with the fiber optics. Netz is correct about them not being very bright so they are perfect for the cockpit. Led's for sure on the anti collision lights and even slime lights. I have had thoughts about putting led's under glow in the dark paint for the slime lights just havent tried it yet. Please post results for everyone to see.

You could try shaping them with a file, they are solid plastic, just keep a good amount of material around the element.

Curt

The hawks been put on hold as my eyes have stopped working properly :0

For the past 3 days I havent been able to see anything up close without my eyes going funny. When I look at the instructions I cant focus on one thing, its asif my eyes are trying to focus on the whole page at once