Fujimi A-4E/F built as 877/NZ6218 in the hybrid scheme it wore when it left the RAN and entered RNZAF service in 1984, before the full complement of RNZAF markings were applied. Aside from the New Zealand roundels and SEA drop tank, the scheme is as it was in Australian service, and variations of this scheme among the 10 airframes that crossed the Tasman Sea persisted until 1987-88, resulting in the RNZAF operating A-4's in four distinct colour schemes for a while. The RAN decals are by Aussie Decals, the roundels by Ventura. I've heard mixed things about Aussie Decals, but these ones were superb. The roundels weren't so much, with black outlines on the edges and a reluctance to truly snuggle down despite numerous applications of future and micro-sol *shrugs*. They are also slightly oversized as the RAN ones on the G's at the time of handover were a little bigger/smaller than any common RNZAF one (as far as I can tell) and I didn't have any of the right size in my stash. The rescue arrows are also a little large for the same reason. Finished with Tamiya AS-5 Light Blue and AS-10 Ocean Grey, which mimics the hue changes under varying lighting that the real things exhibited perfectly, as the photos demonstrate. No real weathering was applied as you don't really see any in contemporary photos of the real things.

87701_zps45470fbe.jpg

87703_zpsf4050b4b.jpg

87704_zpsb58f6b14.jpg

Thanks for looking :)/>

Edited by Mumbles

Thanks everyone! :)

Have you tried the Old Models Decal range for RNZAF craft? He does a huge range of both military and civvy markings. Very

Haven't needed to yet. I've also seen some mixed results with those decals, so are a little bit wary (that said, I've not tried them personally so that might have been poor application rather than anything wrong with them).