Werner's Wings/Storm Miniatures 1/35th MH-47E Online Build

Okay I stand corrected. I may be able to include the probe in the boxing now. That is even better for the weight. Not sure where I got 19". At least the diameter is correct. Length is easy enough to fix.

Andriy you need to change that status on the MH-47E project in your signature block.

Floyd

Thanks Andy,Floyd and all those who helped on this helo.

Great job to all. Thanks To all those night stalkers who had a hand in it. We finally got a big spec ops hook to go on the contest table!

Can't wait to see the decals for it!

Edited by hawkwrench

Hi

Floyd, It will be great news for us non US modelers if we can have the tube in the boxing.

Not so easy to find tubes in imperial size here

looking forward for your build

Norbert

Hi

Floyd, It will be great news for us non US modelers if we can have the tube in the boxing.

Not so easy to find tubes in imperial size here

looking forward for your build

Norbert

I'm going to try to include it now I think. I have to test fit it in the boxes I got but I think it will work.

Floyd

Okay I stand corrected. I may be able to include the probe in the boxing now. That is even better for the weight. Not sure where I got 19". At least the diameter is correct. Length is easy enough to fix.

I cut it twice and it still to short :rolleyes:

So it is 252 mm or 10 inch long in 1/35 scale Got it thanks

Update #3

Finished up the right side. It is exactly the same as the left side. No big suprises except I sanded away too much of the base for the lifting point. I had to replace that with some styrene. Not a big deal and totally my fault.

Again here is how the rear widows were chain drilled out.

IMG_0471_zpsf867e7d6.jpg

The right side in the middle of being modified

IMG_0475_zps194cfa60.jpg

How I scribe some of the panels. Dymo tape is your friend.

IMG_0476_zpsea5c210a.jpg

IMG_0481_zps7a8459a5.jpg

IMG_0482_zps81712ae4.jpg

The modified left front door. Note the small spot where the HF antenna mount was removed. That was done on a couple of other points on the model as well.

IMG_0487_zpsdfe7919e.jpg

Cutting off the upper pylon looked daunting but it was actually very easy. I used a Tiger saw blade and cut the rear portion flush. Then I used a scribing tool to scribe the attachment point to the top of the fuselage. Make sure the cut is on the doghouse and not the fuselage. This was deepened until I thought it was sufficient and then the saw was used to remove the remainder. Simple. This hasn’t even been sanded flush.

IMG_0484_zps22c0f5a2.jpg

IMG_0485_zpsbb535426.jpg

The completed fuselage left side. It is starting to look like a beast.

IMG_0488_zps8bc39235.jpg

Now to finish up the right side and start working inside the cockpit area.

Update #4

The right front fuselage is the focus of this update.

Sorry it is blurry but these panels were added as well as the grab handle.

IMG_0492_zps3f150c3a.jpg

The doghouse was removed the same way as the other one, with a Tiger Saw that I picked up from UMM Models.

IMG_0489_zps6af83335.jpg

IMG_0490_zps8debb893.jpg

Close up of the hoist mounts. These will be the most challenging part of the conversion, I think.

IMG_0491_zps5926ef10.jpg

Exterior Right side fuselage prepped for the rest of the build.

IMG_0495_zps4edf2877.jpg

A motivational photo to see how the upper pylon would fit. It is held in place with a couple of strips of styrene to support it from the bottom, but the fit looks pretty good for just sitting there and no sanding.

IMG_0496_zpsfc9768cd.jpg

Now onto the cockpit.

Update #5

A pretty exciting day for me, test fitting the cockpit. I'm a little suprised by the lack of feedback on here.

The first thing I did was the pedals. After cleaning them up I noticed that they were too long for the troughs.

This is how they are provided

IMG_0497_zps93703c56.jpg

This is after they were modified

IMG_0498_zps3ce60205.jpg

I used a drill and pin vise to drill all the way through the parts so that the pedals could be pivoted until I was ready to set them in place

IMG_0501_zpsa5b6253a.jpg

This is the pedals as seen through the side window. I will add the brake lines later.

IMG_0519_zps137439d5.jpg

Here is the cockpit put together with just a few drops of glue to hold the parts in place. They are not permanently attached. I am still working on the ‘correct’ way to attach the glare shield. This is not it but it does show up nice.

IMG_0522_zpse3d0440b.jpg

IMG_0520_zps23a6d867.jpg

Now to see how it fits inside the clear nose piece. I’m pretty happy with the fit.

IMG_0511_zps73870cf3.jpg

IMG_0518_zpsde1e6b52.jpg

IMG_0516_zps5cf647e4.jpg

IMG_0514_zpsb2895a71.jpg

Hi Floyd. I don't think the lack of feedback is a reflection of the quality of your work on this build or on the subject itself. The forum has been very quite of late compared to the last few years, or at least that's the impression I've gotten lately. Maybe the forum has fallen to the back of people's minds after the extended period when the forum was down and being fixed. Most of the old stalwarts are still here. Hopefully things will pick up again soon. In the meantime, keep the updates coming on your Chinook. The rest of us mere mortals need to see high quality builds to give us a little inspiration. Thanks.

LD.

For me, every post I see you make just makes me cry knowing my Chinook will pale by comparison. How much of your cockpit is included with your kit vs the Trumpeter kit?

And how much longer until we start seeing our kits so we can try to keep up? Mine may suck compared to yours. But, I'm still excited to build it.

Every thing you see is included in the conversion. None of that is Trumpeter. The thrust levers will have to be kit. The rest of the cockpit is conversion

Floyd

For me, every post I see you make just makes me cry knowing my Chinook will pale by comparison. How much of your cockpit is included with your kit vs the Trumpeter kit?

And how much longer until we start seeing our kits so we can try to keep up? Mine may suck compared to yours. But, I'm still excited to build it.

Every thing you see is included in the conversion. None of that is Trumpeter. The thrust levers will have to be kit. The rest of the cockpit is conversion

As for shipping them out. The caster tells me that they are shipping out the final parts on Monday and the rest of the tubing is expected on Tuesday. I have to cut them so I'd say they will all be shipped out by Thursday.

Floyd