Werner's Wings/Storm Miniatures 1/35th MH-47E Online Build

Floyd, I ditto what LD said. This thread is the first I check when I log on to ARC.I Iook to see if you posted an update. This conversion is the bomb!( oh wait, did I say bomb- don't arrest me Floyd for terroristic threatening)!

Seriously, don't let the lack of traffic on the thread bother you. Just keep building this beast and posting your progress! We are all like kids waiting for their turn to lick the batter of the bowl.

Keep up the good work!!!

Tim

That build is going great mate! Every photo is see is making me more excited about getting mine and starting it. I seriously love the chook (I should, being an FE I suppose!) and the e/g model is just pure gangster. I just wish we had them in our army!

I donated my finished D model to the Australian War Memorial and hopefully one day it will go on display there. So now I have a house that desperately needs another chook to fill the void.

I take it you have a pretty good reference collection built up? As has been mentioned before is there any plans to make a how to build book or something to that extent. In all your spare time of course........ :)

Keep it coming!

Craig

I dondt whant to hijack the tread.

Are there many difrences between the E and the G version?

I have found a nice walk around but its the G version.

Many Thanks

Mark

The big things are a new instrument panel, new FLIR ball, and usually IR exhausts. Everything else is internal. I'm not aware of anything else to replicate. I may eventually do a G set but it will be just the upgrades probably.

Floyd

The big things are a new instrument panel, new FLIR ball, and usually IR exhausts. Everything else is internal. I'm not aware of anything else to replicate. I may eventually do a G set but it will be just the upgrades probably.

Floyd

Some of the early G models had the E model FLIR turret on it before the new EOS units.

The IR exhausts are removable and a pretty recent addition. In fact, for a while the IR exhausts were not mounted on the "state side" aircraft.

So, from the outside, they are really the same aircraft. The instrument panel is the biggest difference and there are "multi function control units" mounted to the center console in different locations for each model.

However, with all of that, only a E/G Chinook guy would really notice the difference.

I'm debating using Floyd's E conversion and make it into a G. But, then again, the conversion will be difficult enough for me as it is.

Hey MH, can you / are you authorized to post some pics of your bird? Cockpit, cargo bay and especially your birds markings! You know, what design and name you painted on your hook?

Maybe Mason and Floyd can possibly put it on their new upcoming decal sheet!

Tim

Hey MH, can you / are you authorized to post some pics of your bird? Cockpit, cargo bay and especially your birds markings! You know, what design and name you painted on your hook?

Maybe Mason and Floyd can possibly put it on their new upcoming decal sheet!

Tim

Pictures were / are discouraged. However, there are tons of pictures out there on the net.

Floyd and I have already discussed some of the decals to come soon.

I'm just excited that there is finally a quality conversion kit. I mean the D model Chinook is an awesome bird. But, the MH E and G are just down right sexy and bad A$$ all at the same time.

Pictures were / are discouraged. However, there are tons of pictures out there on the net.

I'm just excited that there is finally a quality conversion kit. I mean the D model Chinook is an awesome bird. But, the MH E and G are just down right sexy and bad A$$ all at the same time.

Where are you based at? I've had the opportunity to see a couple of the JBLM-based Blackhawks down at the YTC, but haven't gotten you guys...YET!

Aaron

I figured that they AREN'T too happy when someone shows up to a spec ops bird with a camera, but I just thought I'd ask anyway. Sorry, about the decal question, I didn't know you and Floyd had talked already. I should've figured you all did, Floyd and Mason are on top of their game!

Tim

I figured that they AREN'T too happy when someone shows up to a spec ops bird with a camera, but I just thought I'd ask anyway. Sorry, about the decal question, I didn't know you and Floyd had talked already. I should've figured you all did, Floyd and Mason are on top of their game!

Tim

No worries at all.

Now onto more work.... Floyd?

Floyd, it is really nice and my lack of response is simply a crazy work schedule... if I ever get the guts to tell the wife I am claiming some precious wall space, I will start my Mi-25 (conversion of Mi-24 to the Crocodile FAP698 in my signature photograph).

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

Go to Verlinden productions website. They have a 1/35 scale middle eastern war loot accessory that includes a water cooler, laptop and lots of other cool stuff to stuff in your hook the chairs could probably be scratch built using small rod and sheet styrene fairly easy.

HTH.

Tim

Who (if anybody) out there is making 1/35 scale folding chairs and igloo coolers / water coolers? I''m just thinking about the inside of my hook.

Def Models makes a set of coolers and water bottles, available at Sprue Brothers:

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/defdm35013.htm

Also, Meng models has just announced a modern US accessory set which includes 2-3 different coolers, but it isn't available yet, but is coming soon.

Rick

Who (if anybody) out there is making 1/35 scale folding chairs and igloo coolers / water coolers? I''m just thinking about the inside of my hook.

Also check PROART Models http://www.proartmodels.be/whats%20new.html Legend productions makes stuff to!! Blackdog and Legend Make great figures for Special Forces to. CMK has helicopter uh-60 pilots

Blackdog http://www.blackdog.cz/t35.html

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=DEF-DM35013

Floyd

can't wait for it to show up at the door :woot.gif:/> My Idea for mine http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/showfull.php?photo=665

Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 vx4