Werner's Wings/Storm Miniatures 1/35th MH-47E Online Build

Floyd,

I've got a question about fuselage prep on the left side.

In the picture above does the blister behind the red dot (remove antenna mount) need to be removed? I was test fitting the MMR pod and I think the blister is in the way.

Please advise.

It probably does. I haven't got that far yet. LOL. Working on the interior now

Floyd

Just started subscribing and saved all the pictures.

Do anybody know if there are huge differences to the Canadian hook?? I can only see so much on the pictures available, and I live in the wrong part of the country....

Cheers

H.

I'll see what I can dig up for you, my buddy was the project manager for the purchase of the Chinooks for the RCAF. He just retired but I am sure he has info and images.

I also have a few ex-squadron mates who have done the course and one is presently in the States doing the Chinnook course.

I only wish there was a 1/48 option.

I'll see what I can dig up for you, my buddy was the project manager for the purchase of the Chinooks for the RCAF. He just retired but I am sure he has info and images.

I also have a few ex-squadron mates who have done the course and one is presently in the States doing the Chinnook course.

I only wish there was a 1/48 option.

And I'd be in your debt!!

Cheers

H.

Parcel arrived today, happy I never gave up hopping the set will come out one day.

Andy and Floyd, you did a great job here ! When you have the parts in hand, you feel how crazy this conversion project was.

Now a big dio project to magnify the great work done here !

Norbert

Well the color, black, was painted and the details were picked out. It is a shame that most of this will not even be seen on the finished aircraft. I know it is in there though.

Here is the complete cockpit minus the seats. There are no less than seven different blacks in there. The overall color was Lifelike Deep Cockpit. That was given a filter of SIN Grey for Panzer Grey. When that was dried, a dry brush of Model Master Steel to give it a metallic feel. Then small sponges were used with Tamiya Zinc and Model Master Steel to replicate the wear patterns in around the cockpit. This was enhanced with some Mig Pigments, Desert Sand. Apple Barrel paints were used for the various colors around the cockpit. The instruments were added from aeroscale. Grey pencil was used to pick out the MFD knobs and some other minor items. Tamiya Clear Green, Smoke, and Clear Blue were used on various MFDs.

Cockpitminusseats1_zps6774c317.jpg

Cockpitminusseats_zpseeda64c3.jpg

The seats were painted with Tamiya Flat Black with a very light dusting of grey. They are fabric so they shouldn’t be worn. The belts were painted with Apple Barrel paints. When dried the shoulder harnesses were given SIN filters of Blue for Panzer Grey. The seatbelts got SIN’s Brown for Desert Brown filter. The buckles were painted with Model Master Aluminum.

Seats_zps06236582.jpg

Here is the completed cockpit subassembly.

FinishedCockpit1_zpsc9cb1382.jpg

FinishedCockpit_zps8101b4dd.jpg

FinishedCockpit2_zps81c5ab56.jpg

Hi Floyd,

You sir have out done yourself. I just received my MH-47 conversion set today and all I can say is WOW!!!! This set is incredible.

It was well worth the wait.

Thanks.

Chris Byrne

"Eagle1"

Update 8

Just a quick update. I forgot to add the circuit breaker panels so here they are installed. I had to move the fire extinquisher forward slightly.

IMG_0558_zpscac8f9bb.jpg

I added brake lines to the pedals but these will never be seen. I know they are there

IMG_0559_zps44da540e.jpg

The avionics shelf and area were the next little project I took on. I used the Cobra Company CH-47D Update set. I think this is an essential set now that I’ve been building the model.

IMG_0569_zpsf28363da.jpg

Here are the shelves themselves.

IMG_0561_zps3282823d.jpg

Now I’m taking on the aft transmission area before I tackle the interior. I’ll be using the Cobra Company set for this as well.

Is the troop commander seat part of the original kit or the Cobra update kit?

Your brake lines will be visible in the "chin bubble" windows. I'm trying to figure out how to add mine. :crying2:/> If only I were as skilled as you guys1 :worship:/>

The seat comes in the Cobra Company CH-47D cockpit detail set. Use fine lead wire to make the hydraulic lines coming into and out of the pedals.

Chris M

Patiently awaiting mine now. Delay is purely mine, as I was late in getting payments in twice!!

Oh well, I can begin by preparing the rest of the stuff tho! have some pour-stubs to remove!

Question... Did the new 47F/G move the APU forward?? see there is an exhaust above the cabin entry door (above and forward).

Cheers

H.

Edited by Winnie

Man, I need to check this forum more often. The things I miss...

If its worth anything, I'd like to point something out...

SASboxes_zps950c81c1.jpg

The boxes circled shouldn't be there for this model. Those are the SAS boxes, which were on the A-C models. That area is now open to the flight control closet. That area is covered by a strip of soundproofing going from the ceiling to the floor, with the same quilted pattern all the other soundproofing has.