CF-188 ejection seat question

I've read somewhere that Canadian Hornets got their SJU-5/6 seats replaced with the SJU-17 seat. What was the time Frame for this upgrade ? I'll soon start with a 1/32 Academy CF-188B(D) 188928 as it appeared in the TV series "Jetstream". The aircraft was assigned to Capt. Leath "LOTHAR" Greenwood - his callsign LOTHAR is the reason I want to build this specific aircraft. This series was filmed in 2008 and I wonder if this aircraft had the seats replaced at this time, I know it had the IFF bird slicer antennas already. Thank you, any help is appreciated.

Lothar

The Seat was actually a SJU 9/10 seat in the early Canadian Hornet. It differed in the seat Harness over the SJU 5/6. If you are looking for a Canadian seat in 1/32nd scale they do pop up once in a while on ebay they were made by Cutting Edge. There are many AM manufacturers that produce the present NACES seats in the RCAF Upgrade Hornet.

The Cutting Edge seat with molded belts was CEC32130

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Rev1/401-500/Rev413-CEC32130/00.shtm

The Cutting Edge seat without molded Belts CEC32122

http://www.arcair.com/Rev1/301-400/Rev339-CEC32122/00.shtm

Cheers

Emil

Lothar.....928 would have had the SJU-9/10 with the old harness. I built 932 from the same timeframe (Peanut's jet, from Jetstream). After Jetstream was filmed, is when the transition started. Jets that didn't get the NACES seats right away were modified to use a similar torso harness that would eventually be used on the NACES. Also, just to clarify something I found out with the NACES seats. There was a debate that there was a specific, "Canada only" version of the seat with different harnesses on the seat itself. That's not the case. The NACES seats in the CF-18 are identical to the NACES used in the F-14D, F/A-18 and T-45s in the US Navy. The only difference is the torso harness that the pilot wears. USN wears the MA-2 torso harness while Canadian pilots wear the PCU-56. even checking out those harnesses online, they are virtually identical.

Edited by Colin K