How about doing a sheet with the latest Kadena Eagles that will be featured in your new book, featuring the Mig killer jets flying from their now. Maybe offer the set with enough numbers so that any of the tail numbers in the squadron could be built.

Edited by ghatherly

Great news! How about some 422 birds with the OT tail codes and the green checkerboard fin flash - I do not believe those jets have been covered thus far.

Great idea! I can add the 53TEG flagship, circa 2007, onto this sheet.

How about doing a sheet with the latest Kadena Eagles that will be featured in your new book, featuring the Mig killer jets flying from their now. Maybe offer the set with enough numbers so that any of the tail numbers in the squadron could be built.

Wow, that's pretty close to what I was thinking. Here's one in their new markings that I really like. Any interest in this in 1/32 from anyone besides myself?

85-0114_ZZ_SHG.jpg

Here's another possibility for this sheet from the Missouri ANG.

80-0043Blues_SHG.jpg

Edited by jmel

Jake, I only build in 1/32, so I am very interested. That is why I suggested a comprehensive sheet, as the Subdued ZZ is not available in any decal set. When i made my Kadena Eagle of Magil's jet, I ended Up making a stencil for the ZZ and then taking the aircraft numbers from the Twobobs Bitburg set that I was not using in that color scheme. I'd buy anything in 1/32 for an Eagle if it is made.

Edited by ghatherly

I finished the sheet today and it will go to print shortly. On this sheet are

85-0102, 159th Fighter Wing, Louisiana ANG, February 2012

85-0102_159FW_SHG.jpg

82-0047, 159th Fighter Wing, Louisiana ANG, May 2011

82-0047_159FW_SHG.jpg

78-0494, 65th Aggressor Squadron from February 2013

78-0494_65AGRS_SHG.jpg

85-0125, 104th Fighter Wing, Massachusetts ANG, October 2012

85-0125_104FW_SHG.jpg

83-0017, 1st Fighter Wing, July 2004

83-0017_1FW_SHG.jpg

85-0114, 44th Fighter Squadron, 18th Wing, March 2013

85-0114_ZZ_SHG-1.jpg

84-0012, 422nd Test & Evaluation Squadron, January 2007

84-0012_422TES_SHG.jpg

Edited by jmel

I'll send these to Cartograf in the next week or two. With luck, I'll get them back before christmas, but we'll see.

What is the tail flash on the inside of the stabs of the Langley jet?

It is a simple stripe with all three of the squadron colors.

looks nice Jake. Nice to see the 104th wing jet, sadly it is a bit different now, must be new regs like the 44th

Yeah, after I drew it, I sent the profile to the Vice Commander. In return, he sent me some pics of it how it looks now. It still looks good, but I agree with you. I don't care for it as much as its older scheme from a year ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a buddy who flies for the 104th.

You make 'em in 1/32 and I'm game. I'm about 75% thru with a model of the old A model he flew with them. He sent me some great pics of the wing bird right when they painted it a while back. I sent them to Scott before ABD went defunct. If you ever think you could use them, I still have them and would be happy to send them to you Jake.

If you ever think you could use them, I still have them and would be happy to send them to you Jake.

I really appreciate the offer, but I was up there shooting their jets a while ago and got what I need. Thanks, though!

Jake

• 2 weeks later...