Hey

I got my kit a few weeks ago and I finally get down on it. Also this is my first entry in a GB.

So here's my entry:

Revell 1/24 Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-25 Lewis Hamilton

hjod.jpg

So far I got everything clean and ready to go and I must say this is by far the most complicated kit I've attempted, and just for a little bit more challenge, and hopefully an amazing finish look, I'm going with a all BMF on it. Should be a lot of work, but I hope to get it done in time.

More to come soon!

Built this a few times now. It really goes together well and the it is great. There's some sink marks on the body and panel lines that need filled but otherwise it's good. Don't bother painting the engine or anything because you won't be able to see it. The cf decals for the suspension arms are really well done and react well to micro set and sol.

Never seen one done in bmf. How will you do the seams of where the foil meets? I'm interested to see how this turns out and my favorite driver to boot.

• 1 month later...

So finally got something finish

Here's the engine

kufk.jpg

I decide to paint it anyway, I'm hoping to be able to cut the decals and not glue the top, but as you can see it's pretty simple.

I started on the cockpit, the rear suspension and on the floor pan, so sorry Big but for now I have absolutely no idea how I'm gonna do for the BMF and I'm still scratching my head on it, I'll post my progress and experiences (hoping not to much of thoses)

Great start to the build!! These are wild looking racecars!! I wish Tamiya would do this or the Red Bull car in 1/12. Will follow along.

Don

MFH is doing the McLaren MP4-23 World Championship car in 1/12. It's even more wild than these were.

Not for the feint of heart pricewise though.

Little update

While the floor pan is still drying, I give it a try on the BMF on the body last night.

As you can see, I add a rought time with it and thought about just ripped of and go with a spray can paint job, but I decided to live with the imperfection of the result, maybe some lines will be less visible after polish and decals. This is my first time with so much BMF so I'm sticking with and learning gonna come along.

Here is the problem, I tought I would just apply the BMF and meet the pieces in the panel lines. At first it work great, but only on the little panels, when I got to the largest ones, the problems started. I got bumps and the shape of the body is going in 3 or 4 directions, so to avoid wrinckles and get a smooth surface is almost impossible. I divide thoses space in smaller areas and meet them in the middle of a panel, you can really see the lines, but a prefer that to the messy wrinckles (I know I still got some).

Also BMF is no so cheap, I spend over half a sheet and I only get this done so far, so I had to make a decision.

z9ov.jpg

If anybody have the magic solution feel free, but otherwise I think the overall will look fine.

It's also a good practice, since I'm planning on joinning the BMF GB that start in January.

try, if you are able, a panel at a time. Start laying the foil on the short side of compound curves and burnish out. The foil may expand a bit. If you start on the large side and burnish in the foil has to wrinkle as it cannot shrink. My thought experiment anyways :)

Mike T

MFH is doing the McLaren MP4-23 World Championship car in 1/12. It's even more wild than these were.

Not for the feint of heart pricewise though.

Yup!! I saw that at the MFH site, but at at least $500.00 it's way above my paygrade. That's why I'd like to see Tamiya do one of these.It would still be expensive, but more within reach.

Don