• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, guys- you're too kind!

There's still more to do in the cockpit- the seat and floor are up next. The Romanians managed to preserve a lot of info on their beautiful bird, so I've got my work cut out for me!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, fellas! I present my last post for 2013- hooray! I've really gotten absorbed into the details of the cockpit- such a challenge not only to build, but to learn about all the various sub-systems and widgets. You'll also note that I've replace my "artistiC' chicken-scratch with actual typography- I hope it suits you.

The lovely Marina will be your guide- cheers- and a happy New Year to one and all!

IAR_022.jpg

IAR_023.jpg

IAR_024.jpg

IAR_025.jpg

IAR_026.jpg

IAR_027.jpg

IAR_028.jpg

IAR_029.jpg

IAR_030.jpg

Marina_01.jpg

Chuck,

While I don't build Axis aircraft for no other reason than I can't possibly replicate the great work done already by many other modelers like yourself, your builds are always VERY interesting, even without the beautiful "props". Your work as usual is outstanding! I am one of the many lurkers out there who don't respond as often as I should to your threads to provide encouragement for all the work you do. Please keep it up! Your posts are always welcome and make this forum very worthwhile as a result.

Another Chuck

All right! Let me (also) repeat what Chuck and Anthony wrote. Your threads are always on top of my list. Such a blast to follow! :woo:

If I may just ask one thing: is there any particular reason why you replaced the hand-written text with a more strict "machine"-type? If you ask me, the former was more fun and pleasing...

/Kristian

Thanks, guys- thanks!

Chuck, your comment is much appreciated. I have followed your posts avidly- you are one of the greats!

Thanks to you as well, Anthony- cheers! A book or series is too much like work, really- I do this kind of thing just for fun. I'm trying to get a book of my concept art done in time for the big San Diego ComicCon this year- something I've put off for way too long.

Kristian, I used the dreaded type tool in Photoshop (a real pain in the butt sometimes) because I need the practice for work- I've also had a lot of requests from people who have had trouble reading my scribbles. I won't be doing it full-time- but I did find that it allowed me to add a lot more info per caption. Thanks, my friend!

Thanks, Chris- I use the Wauldron punch-and-die sets- the regular and sub-miniature. Cheers!

You are too kind, Rocat- many thanks!

I have gotten the cockpit painted and am working on the rebuilt instrument panel. I hope to have a new update Sunday evening, but I do have a few odd tasks and unpredictable events going on. My wife's car is in the shop; I have to, therefore, make up some office time over the weekend; replace some lighting fixtures, etc, etc. Fingers are crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow the amount of detail in your work is far greater than impressive. I don't think there is a word in the dictionary to even describe what I'm looking at. Your painting techniques are superb and the way you manipulate plastic, wire, and metal tubing is out of this world. You Sir are a master craftsmen which only few on the planet can match. Absolutely breathtaking is all I can think of. Awesome job.

Edited by Devilleader501
  • 1 month later...