hello all,

i am looking for the two pylons that would go where the outer wing fuel tanks are. i am trying to put a mer on each outboard station and my hase f-4 kit does not have those pylons.

i am also on the hunt for 6 hasegawa snake eyes.

thanks,

douglas

dlc_aec@yahoo.com

You'll be able to find the outboard pylons in one of Fujimi's Phantoms. They are part numbers 66 & 67.

I would offer you a pair, but somebody has already staked a claim on them....

dlmgxe.jpg

2u4q3gi.jpg

Yeah, he's overcompensating!

Can´t you simply cut off the pylons from the fuel tanks and use them?

Nope, on the real thing the seperate pylons differ from those of the integral pylon / wing tank combo.

Like Milo said, Fujimi's 1/72nd J79 Phantom kits have both types.

Cheers,

Andre

You are right, Spectre, those Fujimi pylons are an "almost correct" set of USN "Tank pylons with MER adapter", not the USAF type,,,,,,,,,making them neither the USN or the USAF shape

For USAF, you would flatten the bottom of those with a file, or find an old Testors/Italeri kit and take the Fuel tank pylons form it (bomb rack is already inside the USAF,,,,,so, they didn't need any adapter)

For USN, the adapter is supposed to have a curved shape where it meets the pylon, shaped the same as the early Fuel Tank topside

the Tank pylons might not have enough meat on them to make them look like this

002-1.jpg

and here is a photo of one with a MER with 4x 750 pound M117,,,,,and a drawing that might help you convert the USN type

001-1.jpg

the above is from Squadrons Phantom Pictorial History copyright 1977

spectre,

i am building the hase f-4c/d phantom ii "vietnam" kit #918. its the one with the air-to-ground trees in with the plane.

the kits got 6 snake eyes in it, but when i hang a mer on each outboard hardpoint, im after 6 more.

thanks again,

douglas

• 2 weeks later...