F/A-18 Hornet Group Build Interest Thread & Poll

ARC F/A-18 Group Build  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in participating in an F/A-18 Group Build?

• Yes
    • No

Awesome!

Academy should send you a finders fee because I will be adding a couple of those kits to my stash 271.gif .

It's info like your post that makes it easy for fellow modelers to shop with confidence knowing it's a good kit.

Thanks for your Cliff's Notes review 70.gif .

No problem.

What makes it better was that I bought it from a guy who sells mostly autos and I bought it brand new sealed for 18$.

I'll never come across a deal like that again.

I was with VFA-151 on board the USS Midway out of Yokuska, Japan. I was an Ordnanceman with the Vigilanties, we flew the A model aircraft.

No way; That's awesome!

You were an AO, huh 70.gif ?! That's what I wanted to be as well but my hearing kept me out of the Navy all together.

Every time I go down to visit my folks I always tour the Midway. The last time was in '11.

I remember seeing the A-5 for the first time back when my dad was stationed on the East Coast in the late '60's to early '70's. It's such a sleek-looking a/c!

No way; That's awesome!

You were an AO, huh 70.gif ?! That's what I wanted to be as well but my hearing kept me out of the Navy all together.

Every time I go down to visit my folks I always tour the Midway. The last time was in '11.

I remember seeing the A-5 for the first time back when my dad was stationed on the East Coast in the late '60's to early '70's. It's such a sleek-looking a/c!

I wish I had the money to go see the Midway again!

Let me ask this of you all. How many of us have worked on the real deal? What unit are/were you with and what variant and what rating?

I've worked everything from from Lot 8 Alphas to Lot 33 Supers. Started in Hornets in '97, VFA-136, SFWD Fallon, VFA-34, VFA-106 E/F, as an AD. Actually AD isn't accurate, as a Mech.

I've worked everything from from Lot 8 Alphas to Lot 33 Supers. Started in Hornets in '97, VFA-136, SFWD Fallon, VFA-34, VFA-106 E/F, as an AD. Actually AD isn't accurate, as a Mech.

Rightwinger26

Thats cool, got any good pics of your squadron aircraft. I have a Academy 1/72 F/A-18D in my stash and am thinking of using VFA-106 decals.

• 1 month later...

Seeing as I seem to have gotten myself an F-18F kit, I'll get in on this. Because of a really busy summer I'm going to be starting the build now (I build really slowly). Since I'm starting a bit early I won't include my build in any raffle prizes. I'll just be happy to join in and get some great ideas and learn some new things. Mine will be a 1/48 F-18F from VX-23.

Hi there.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread (I think), I'll be happy to offer up some raffle prizes for this. I have a very comprehensive selection of CF-18 markings in all scales that I think would fit this GB perfectly. So whomever it is that has the moderator hat on, please let me know where to send the prize package too.

thanks

David

I'm in! I am just getting back in the saddle of model building again after a long absence and a Group Build would be a great way to build up the confidence level and share in the fun. I will do a 1/72 Hasegawa F/A-18E Super Hornet in VFA-14 Tophatters Anniversary special markings. Nothing fancy, just straight OOB.

Happy Modeling!

Don.

Hi there.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread (I think), I'll be happy to offer up some raffle prizes for this. I have a very comprehensive selection of CF-18 markings in all scales that I think would fit this GB perfectly. So whomever it is that has the moderator hat on, please let me know where to send the prize package too.

thanks

David

Hi David....guess what? We already talked about this and you have already sent me the decal sheets for prizes. :D