F/A-18 Hornet Group Build Interest Thread & Poll

ARC F/A-18 Group Build  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in participating in an F/A-18 Group Build?

• Yes
    • No

I guess I can try, most of my stuff still in storage but think I am getting

a permanent residence soon. I have to, I am also in JASDF group build!

I will do my 1/72 Academy F/A-18C as a Canadian CF-188 using my excellent Canuk

decal sheet!---John

Anyone done a banner yet?

I havent seen anything on one yet. When one pops up I dont know how to attach it to my posts. If someone can give me some schooling on this I would apreciate it. I am no computer wiz.

Here's one, feel free to use it. Just upload it to your own photo hosting service. I might do some more.

CF-188banner1_zps18c677b2.jpg

Pete that is cool, keepem coming. How do you get them on your posts? Im a computer idiot.

Check your PM, I have a special request for you.

Pete that is cool, keepem coming. How do you get them on your posts? Im a computer idiot.

Check your PM, I have a special request for you.

Go to profile---edit profile---then change signature---paste from Photobucket---save changes

and voilla---HTH---John

Edited by john53

Here's one, feel free to use it. Just upload it to your own photo hosting service. I might do some more.

CF-188banner1_zps18c677b2.jpg

I hate to be 'that guy', but it would be nice if banners for GB's always had the sponsor logos on them. Not just for myself but I know a couple of other businesses have donated some items, not just for this GB but others as well. GB banners should by default, include the sponsor logos.

Just my $0.05 (we don't have pennies anymore so I need to round up)

thanks

David

I hate to be 'that guy', but it would be nice if banners for GB's always had the sponsor logos on them. Not just for myself but I know a couple of other businesses have donated some items, not just for this GB but others as well. GB banners should by default, include the sponsor logos.

thanks

David

Well when you consider I am using the SPONSORS decals...... Just my 2 cents worth...things cheeper

in USA---:)---John

John, I appreciate that you're using the sponsor products, but that's not always the case. Adding the logo to banners is at least a simple acknowledgement to the sponsors, whoever they happen to be.

No group build---I withdraw my entry---WAY too political for me...sorry. :(/>/>

Will still build CF-188 using Canuk EXCELLENT decals---I am a grown up---I think.---John

P.S.---note my banner!!!!!! Ment commercial NOT political---you can commercialize Christmas,

Hanuka, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween but I don't agree with that. Commercialize a Group Build

with a bunch of modelers having fun, sharing skills, no way, no "HERD MENTALITY" for me any more

just plain sick of the "new world order". I will use and still purchase Canuks excellent products

BUT refuse to be their SALESMAN!!!!!---rant off---John

Edited by john53

I see both sides of this and agree with both. All I say is lets have some fun and build us some Hornets! I just hope I can complete 1 model and not discouraged by set backs or my its gotta be perfict to display mentality. 22 days and counting!

Not really a sales pitch as much as acknowledging a sponsor who is donating a product. Otherwise there would be no prizes at the end for finishing. Having a banner is not a requirement to join the build.

Just my 5 cents. Actually should really acknowledge the hosts of the group build as they not only moderate but also fork out the money to ship the prizes to the winning participants.

Hi there. You're probably after my roundel logo...

roundel.180.jpg

Or you can grab the small standard logo off my signature banner. Whichever fits best on your artwork.

You might want to contact the other sponsors as well to get theirs.

thanks!

David

Edited by RiderFan

its gotta be perfict to display mentality.

The second I gave up this mentality my completion rate went through the roof, I also learned that this is a journey and its neat to see improvement and progress even --then some of favorite models still are the imperfect ones.

thanks

David

Well, I hate to be "that guy that has a few problems with this", but....

I can see that, from your businessman point of view, it makes sense. And, if a GB hosts asks me to add the sponsor logos to a banner, I will be happy to do so.

But my issues are this:

1:

These banners are there to advertise the Group Builds. Which are just a bunch of people building something of the same subject. They can be sponsored, which is nice. Or they can be run without sponsors, which can be just as much fun. Sponsors are not neccesary for a Group Build to happen. Therefor I think it is up to the designer and/or user of the banner if he wishes to have the sponsor logos added to the banner, not to the sponsor(s). If sponsors pay for these Group Builds directly, and I don't mean the sponsoring of ARC in general, then yes, they should have their logos in the banners by default. But this is not the case. A good Group Build host will always mention the sponsors in the general rules thread or raffle thread or whatever, btw.

2:

I create these banners in my own spare time, and take great care in using images that are either public domain, my own, or have permission from the owner. I also make sure the banners are within the official size limit of 750x150 pixels, which not everybody seems to do these days. This can make it very hard to find a good quality image, with a good subject, that also fits within the size limit. Imagine then when someone starts "demanding" his company logo to be included. I'm trying to create a little work of art here, not some NASCAR car. Trying to fit in logos even further limits the pictures I can use to create a banner that still looks good. Not to be disrespectful, but look at the other banner that was created. I think it looks rather bad now with the sponsors added. I know that with some skill it can be done better (make them see-trough, for example), but my graphic software skills are limited and I have teach it myself it my own time.

Do you see my points now?

Edited by Pete

I'm trying to create a little work of art here, not some NASCAR car.

:rofl:

Not to be disrespectful, but look at the other banner that was created. I think it looks rather bad now with the sponsors added. I know that with some skill it can be done better (make them see-trough, for example), but my graphic software skills are limited and I have teach it myself it my own time.

Do you see my points now?

Awww...that just hurts Pete. :lol:

I can understand both points of view here. My banner was done using Micr0soft Paint so I wasn't expecting graphic art. I was just super excited about being in my first GB and building my first Hornet. Which is what this is all about. Let's build some Hornets biatches!!!

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain