F/A-18 Hornet Group Build Interest Thread & Poll

ARC F/A-18 Group Build  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in participating in an F/A-18 Group Build?

• Yes
    • No

I'm definitely in on this one! Got so many to choose from, plus so many different colourful markings to choose from too: Blue Angels, CF-18 100 years of flight, RAAF F/A-18A Hornet 20th anniversary, Jolly Rogers, CONA, Chippy Ho, Golden Dragons, CAF 410 sqn, Kestrels...

So.... officially, it's unofficial until the officials make it official and we officially get the current unofficial start date until the officials officially make that official as well........correct?

Well, great! We're officially on! Thank you to the mod team for the nod. As far as banners, there is a member here on ARC who has volunteered to do banners for the different group builds, so I'll contact him soon and we'll get the ball rolling on that. Once those are available, I'll let people know.

I'd also like to welcome our newest sponsor, F4DableModels! The Legacy Hornet factors in big with their product line, so I want to thank Jason Cheah and F4DableModels for the sponsorship!

Edited by Colin K

I would recommend taking this requirement away, in case someone wants to do the French Hornets that almost happened. There are plenty of almosts with this bird that would be ruled out if you stood with this rule.

hornet-0010.jpg

Agreed. It would also be fun to have USAF F-17s or EF-18Gs too. and if you go with "production" F-17s you can have Netherlands, Norway, Israel etc. Could be a lot more fun:

F-18LMockup.jpg

3505_13_08_08_5_12_33.png

9479_10200205191235064_1380875017_n.jpg

Agreed. It would also be fun to have USAF F-17s or EF-18Gs too. and if you go with "production" F-17s you can have Netherlands, Norway, Israel etc. Could be a lot more fun:

According to the OP the EA-18G is included in the GB.

And that's possibly my third build I have planned. Being rather new to the Fleet, a nice and clean (Little weathering) Growler would be a fine addition to my GB 271.gif .

Still not feeling the vibe with "what-if" builds. BUT, I will pose this question. Those of you have have said that there should be "what-if" builds allowed, would you then participate in the build?

Still not feeling the vibe with "what-if" builds. BUT, I will pose this question. Those of you have have said that there should be "what-if" builds allowed, would you then participate in the build?

Yeah I would be down if they were allowed! Always wanted to do an Israeli one loaded for Operation Opera :thumbsup:

Yeah I would be down if they were allowed! Always wanted to do an Israeli one loaded for Operation Opera :thumbsup:/>

Well, ok....that's one! Would like to see more interest though before I'd change my mind on it. :)

Disclaimer: I'm in, regardless wink.gif .

Would a 'what if' include something like doing a SEA camo scheme on an F-18F?

Or an ME/BF-109 camo scheme?

Disclaimer #2: Only out of curiosity: Why no 'what if's'?

I don't mind/care either way; I'm easy.

There are 52 'yes' votes for the GB but I don't know if that's a low, med, or high vote count. I'll assume, in general, a high vote count for a proposed GB is ideal

If you happen to end up allowing 'what if's', I'm definitely going to do an F-18 in a historical camo scheme that I like. The SEA camo scheme and the British dark two color camo scheme comes to mind. I have two that's already planned and a possible third. That will be the third F-18 build for me if it is allowed.

Which ever way you decide to finalize, I'll fully support your decision 271.gif .

So hopefully this question isn't too off-topic, but it is with a view to preparing for this GB... what are 1/72 Hornets worth buying? I've only ever built the RoG kit. I see the Academy kit is pricier than Hasegawa, RoG, Hobby Boss... is the higher price reflective of better quality? How is the HB F/A-18A? Or Hasegawa's, for that matter?