F/A-18 Hornet Group Build Interest Thread & Poll

ARC F/A-18 Group Build  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in participating in an F/A-18 Group Build?

• Yes
    • No

With the understanding that this is a heavily doctored photo by McDonnell Douglas, I was thinking I might do this scheme for this GB. Or is this too much of a 'what if' ??

cafcf18_zps52a86995.jpg

We actually own one of those jets now, I think it is test aircraft #5, which was used in spin testing.

It no longer flies, but is a trainer in Camp Borden. It has full Canadian markings. I trained on it my last visit to Borden.

I just hope the historical significance of the jet is never lost.

907 still flying? I saw it in storage in Trenton a couple years ago.

I as told 907 was broken up, not sure why but that is what I was told.

Hope the info isn't correct, it had an interesting scheme. Should have been saved for a museum.

907 still flying? I saw it in storage in Trenton a couple years ago.

Well I must say I haven't been keeping up on it's history! BUT, if it is storage or worse, broken up then I must do the final scheme!!! I do know the bird had a lot of flying time on it's frame!

Kurn

My plan is for the following:

1/72 in stash

F/A-18A VFA-151 (Hasegawa)

F/A-18A VFA-192 (Hasegawa)

F/A-18A VFA-195 (Hasegawa)

F/A-18C VFA-151 (Hasegawa)

F/A-18C VFA-192 (Hasegawa)

F/A-18D ? (Hasegawa)

F/A-18D ? (Academy)

F/A-18E VFA-31 (Hasegawa)

F/A-18E VFA-14 (Hasegawa)

1/72 If I can swing the money

F/A-18B ? (Hasegawa)

F/A-18F VFA-103 (Hasegawa)

F/A-18F ? (Hasegawa)

EA-18G VAQ-136 If decals are available (Hasegawa)

This doesnt include the 1/48 kits I have.

You cant go wrong no matter which marking you use! Better yet do all three!!!!

Looks like my decal plan has gone south for life! Tried to use my VFA-161 decals on my warm up bird and they are too old and fell apart. So I will be building all five kits in C model. Looking at VFA-151,VFA-192,VFA-146 and if I can figure out how to do the multi color gray camoflage paint scheme VFA-86. Looks like my CVW-5 Hornet reunion is out the window.

Having just wrapped up a few builds for the Bare It All GB, I have my project for this GB set up. It's an RCAF demo bird. Which one, will be revealed when the GB starts.

Mike

Having just wrapped up a few builds for the Bare It All GB, I have my project for this GB set up. It's an RCAF demo bird. Which one, will be revealed when the GB starts.

Mike

Tell me so we don't do the same one. I think I have two options still.

I think I'd like to give this a try! NOOB ALERT!

Right now I have a couple Academy and Hasegawa Hornets (in 1:72), but for this build I'll choose one of my Hasegawa's (either the F/A-18A, -C, or -D model) and use either some decals from the stash, or order an aftermarket set. I'll make my final decision before the build starts.

If there's anything else I need to do to get ready for participation in the group build, please feel free to clue me in!

:cheers:

-JL

Edited by plasticWerks_JL

Forum is live. Get setup people! I'll be posting mine tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks Bigasshamm with that being said 4 days and counting not including today. Ill post my kits as soon as I get off this morning!!!!

Edited by tosouthern66

So this means we can set up our build threads now? Can we show kits, AM that we are planning on using?

Crazy

I'm no expert here but yes I believe you can post your projected build/builds you are entering into this group build.