F/A-18 Hornet Group Build Interest Thread & Poll

ARC F/A-18 Group Build  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in participating in an F/A-18 Group Build?

• Yes
    • No

For all those that served on board the USS Forestall.

The ol Girl is due to arrive at the Port Of Brownsville Texas for scrap at 0200 Tuesday morning. there are a few people down here trying to get someone to take it for a museum. If I get the chance to go down to the Port this weekend Ill try and get some Pictures.

With the understanding that this is a heavily doctored photo by McDonnell Douglas, I was thinking I might do this scheme for this GB. Or is this too much of a 'what if' ??

cafcf18_zps52a86995.jpg

Edited by RiderFan

I received my F4Dable Models decal sheet for the Malaysian Hornets and they look great. The instructions are also really informative.

The only bad thing about them is that it's pretty much impossible to put the instructions back in the bag after you've taken it out. Yel06.png

I also got a hold of some DXM decals for the "Digital Hornet", gonna use it with my Revell 1/144 F/A-18E.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it July Yet! I'm tired of the overly cold winter we have had and want to get this train moving!!!!! :bandhead2:/>

Ahh come on! No reason for borred! Jump in the "Bad boys GB" and make an adversary Hornet! So many stunning schemes to do, also for doubleseater! :banana:

Is it July Yet! I'm tired of the overly cold winter we have had and want to get this train moving!!!!! :bandhead2:/>

My back yard this morning. We have had 25% more snow than usual (so far) this winter, and the piles we have are not likely to melt until at least mid April. We don't have to put the leash on the dog in the back yard - there's no WAY he's getting out of the deep trenches where he does his business.

I too can hardly wait for July! I have a couple big Hornets to build, but I'm hoping I haven't pulled too many muscles from shovelling snow and slipping on ice... :pray:

P1200230_zps7ac38b28.jpg

P1200239_zps9fd61545.jpg

ALF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm still trying to finish my entries for Bad Boy GB and A/NZ GB, and yet I can't wait for this GB to start! I've got soooo many Hornets and Super Hornets that I want to build. I can't even decide which one(s). Just picked up a Revell 1/72 F Super Hornet Jolly Rogers boxing today to add to the pile. Thinking of building 2x Super Hornet Jolly Rogers in parallel: 1x Hasegawa with AM decals (Jasmine, I think), and this Revell one. But, then I've got a few CONA schemes that I've been wanting to build for quite some time (1-2x "C" and the Growler). Choices... Choices....

Its a Hornet, Silly

101086191-Giant%20hornet.530x298.jpg?v=1380852637

:thumbsup:/>/>

What ever you do don't try and insert the Hornet into the hive of Hornets. They will know that there is something wrong with it due to size and the stripes going the wrong way on the wings. Lol Keep up the good work! Which kit is that you are building? I don't recognize it!

Edited by tosouthern66
  • 3 weeks later...

What ever you do don't try and insert the Hornet into the hive of Hornets. They will know that there is something wrong with it due to size and the stripes going the wrong way on the wings. Lol Keep up the good work! Which kit is that you are building? I don't recognize it!

sorry just saw this. Its one of the "bad" cheap kits, It was white plastic, but I can't remember the manufacturer. low quality though, So I didn't mind... well what I have done with it LOL