What 1:48 jet would you like to see from G.W.H. ?

A modern tooled accurate F-105D/F/G...the Hobby Boss kits are scaled down Trumpy kits, the Revell kits are still the most accurate but with raised panel lines (I've rescribed all 6 of mine). C'mon GWH, a new tooled, accurate F-105 would do us justice!!! I'd also welcome a few other century series fighters...

F-100

F-101

F-102

F-106

Edited by LZ82

A modern tooled accurate F-105D/F/G...the Hobby Boss kits are scaled down Trumpy kits, the Revell kits are still the most accurate but with raised panel lines (I've rescribed all 6 of mine). C'mon GWH, a new tooled, accurate F-105 would do us justice!!! I'd also welcome a few other century series fighters...

F-100

F-101

F-102

F-106

Yes the same think for me :thumbsup2:

Because it was a limited edition prototype that never entered service and is little known except to enthusiasts outside of Canada? Sad but true. . .

I don't know about that last point. There have been many books on the subject and the strange history of why it never entered service. It's supposed capabilities alone seem enough reason to explore the subject a bit further. Besides, it's one wicked looking aircraft!

I don't know about that last point. There have been many books on the subject and the strange history of why it never entered service. It's supposed capabilities alone seem enough reason to explore the subject a bit further. Besides, it's one wicked looking aircraft!

All of which, again, are quite difficult to come by unless you're a (Canadian) enthusiast who knows what they're looking at. I think the Arrow inhabits the same universe as the TSR.2 does here in the UK. . . we kid ourselves that anyone with even the remotest knowledge of aircraft will recognise it and bemoan it's death, but true knowledge and understanding inhabits a pretty rarefied atmosphere.

I know it's a cliche by now but I still would love to see a new tool 1/48 F-14 Tomcat family. Yes, I know we have Hasegawa, Hobbyboss, and the soon to be AMK kits, but still, a quality Tomcat kit from GWH will be amazing (at least to me). They will really set the bar high with a subject that is beloved by many.

Of course, second to the Tomcat, I'd love to finally see a 1/48 SR-71. Need a good kit for those Afterburner sheets you know.

Rob

Edited by TOPGUN

Early/Late F-86's (A through E and an H)

F-14 (I know we have many but you know GWH would do an excellent rendition that would put the others to shame!)

And I know it is not a jet but we really need an ACCURATE P-40B/C. Academy Missed, Trumpy Missed, and the Monogram Kit soldiers on as the only truly accurate early P-40.

Zach

I agree on both the F-14 and the P-40B/C, Zach! Great choices.

Rob

Yes, but is the Airfix Bucc really a "kit". Isn't it more of a, err, "putty template"? :coolio:/>

If you're capable of using tape, clamps and a little patience, it's not nearly the horror show people like to portray (mostly people who've never attempted one!), although assembling the airbrakes closed can be a little errrr. . . Sporty!