This is the Italeri 1/48 A-10A with some upgrades. 1st Aires cockpit. 2nd Royal Resin wheels,3rd new resin intakes from Sierra Hotel models. I also rounded off the nose because Italeri was to square, this kit was a PIG to build and not one of my better builds so I hope you enjoy the pics, Rob.

034_zps8be07592.jpg

033_zps7b5b7af2.jpg

032_zps91d34cf6.jpg

030_zps2a096bc0.jpg

026_zps70c40607.jpg

021_zpse2065a4c.jpg

I approve of DS Warthogs ;)

What did you not like about the kit? I had one, but I never started it as I wasn't happy with the detail. Since then, I've built 3 Hobbyboss A-10s and that's where I will continue to go for the A-10.

Very nice work. As Ben said, DS veterans are always great to look at. I am only confused about the gear and gear doors colour - shouldn't it be white?

I read from a person who worked on these A-10's and he said on the Euro A-10''s they were gray. I did a lot of pic looking for the landing gear and the majority of them were gray. Thank You for the comments on the build. Rob

I approve of DS Warthogs wink.gif

What did you not like about the kit? I had one, but I never started it as I wasn't happy with the detail. Since then, I've built 3 Hobbyboss A-10s and that's where I will continue to go for the A-10.

Thanks Benner. The cockpit was just horrible in detail, the fan blades were also lacking detail, wing to fusalage was a very bad fit. The engine nacelles weren't that great either, the nose was a little square had to round off and just some bad joints that had been puttied and sanded. How are the Hobby Boss A-10's to build? Rob.

Thanks Benner. The cockpit was just horrible in detail, the fan blades were also lacking detail, wing to fusalage was a very bad fit. The engine nacelles weren't that great either, the nose was a little square had to round off and just some bad joints that had been puttied and sanded. How are the Hobby Boss A-10's to build? Rob.

The Hobbyboss kit is a pretty easy build for the most part. The worse areas are the engine pods, and the bottom of the fuselage where there will be step(s). I prefer this one over the Monogram kit as raised detail is harder for me to work with.