F/A-18F SuperHornet

:jaw-dropping: :jaw-dropping: :jaw-dropping: OH MY!!!...I concur with all that is said, let me add that is simply DROP DEAD GORGEOUS.... :wub: :wub: would you like to do about 10 for me :D J/K...I'm working on doing my own, and if it comes close to yours I'll be elated beyond words.

:jaw-dropping:/> :jaw-dropping:/> :jaw-dropping:/> OH MY!!!...I concur with all that is said, let me add that is simply DROP DEAD GORGEOUS.... :wub:/> :wub:/> would you like to do about 10 for me :D/> J/K...I'm working on doing my own, and if it comes close to yours I'll be elated beyond words.

Thanks for your comments. I am sure that your model will turn out just as fine if not better than mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening, this is my post in this forum. Hasegawa 1/48th scale, mostly out of box build, resin ejection seats and aftermarket decals and weapons. Thanks

Joseph

IMG_1316_zpse831046c.jpg

IMG_1315-1_zpsd72f39de.jpg

IMG_1312_zpsd676113d.jpg

IMG_1311_zpsa28c85a2.jpg

IMG_1308_zps0fe39a38.jpg

Beautiful work you've done there 271.gif !

I have a question regarding the weapon load on station #3 on the port wing with dual bombs: Have you seen or have a pic of a Super Hornet using that set up?

As one who will be building several Super Hornets, I'm always looking for different loadouts.

Something I just noted about your loudout and positioning of the weapon pylons.

On all Super Hornets, the weapon mounts are angled outwards by 4 degrees from the aircrafts centreline due to aerodynamic distrubances noted during weapon seperation trials during the development stages. The weapon mounts on stations 2 and 10 (outboard most pylons) are also canted outwards from the vertical plain by 3.5 degrees.

I know that Hasegawa replicated the 4 degree angle on the wings by the placement of the locating holes for the pylons but did you angle the outboard pylons outwards slightly? I understood that Hasegawa also built this into the parts by having the mating joint angled on the pylon.

If anything it may appear that you've put the wrong pylon on the side as the AMRAAMS appear to be engled inwards towards the LGBs.

Edited by Andrew Maverick Taylor

Thanks Andrew for your input. Had to double check on your assumptions but both other pylons are in their correct attitude with both amraams pointing outward, with the most clear being on the amraam next to the JDAM. It must be camera angle combined with the look of the double load, as on the model it is pointing outwards of the gbu.