Metal barrel for 1:48 Apache M230 chain gun

That was my first thought, too... but a search of their site revealed nothing. I sent an inquiry to them on this, and am still awaiting a reply. :P/>

if you are on Facebook, you could friend them (they have a page there) and post the suggestion there. They seem to check frequently and post responses. I nagged them for a long time to do a GAU-8 and they just released that so you never know!

Corey in Colorado

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Left another recommendation to Master.

C'mon folks... let's get those requests in!

This barrel is not going to magically appear by itself unless the international modelling community shows some interest and contacts the manufacturers.

NO-ONE makes a metal barrel for this popular helicopter model. :(

• 3 months later...

Okay, all... time to start the push AGAIN. :(

I contacted Master yesterday to inquire again about the M230 barrels... which they said would be done in the autumn (it is now autumn) and I got THIS reply:

Hello,

unfortunately, we changed plans about barrels for AH-64. I'm really sorry but I can't give new release deadline.

Once again, my apologise.

Seriously, this is very disappointing after they raised our hopes on this.

It's not a whole series of guns with 20 variants, it's one gun barrel !

Shall we please start the push to get this produced?

Seconded! Great Idea!

I commented the appeal on FB. Let us hope.

A quarter scale .50 cal M2 (M3) barrel with flash hiding slits at the end would be nice too, what with all the H-60es, OH-58Ds, H-53es etc around...

Edited by PeepingBear
  • 1 year later...

It is not a matter about asking but them getting the proper measurements to help them create it. I was approached for the information (which I do freely when a company know the proper channel to contact me) but I couldn't help as I don't have enough detailed measurements. Note that they also would like to release the three barreled 20mm gun for the AH-1 in various scales. I need to wait until spring to have access to the AH-1 on the USS Intrepid but if anyone has an aircraft nearby they can measure and photograph, then let them know directly (through the contact form on their web site).

Since they will only release a high quality product, only the above will work to see these subjects reach fruition.

Regards,

It is not a matter about asking but them getting the proper measurements to help them create it. I was approached for the information (which I do freely when a company know the proper channel to contact me) but I couldn't help as I don't have enough detailed measurements. Note that they also would like to release the three barreled 20mm gun for the AH-1 in various scales. I need to wait until spring to have access to the AH-1 on the USS Intrepid but if anyone has an aircraft nearby they can measure and photograph, then let them know directly (through the contact form on their web site).

Since they will only release a high quality product, only the above will work to see these subjects reach fruition.

Regards,z

Master offers the 20mm M-197 used on the AH-1F/S as I provided them with plenty of references. They now have it in 1/72, 1/48, 1/35 and now in 1/32nd for my AH-1F conversion. Of course you have to get the 1/32nd through the conversion.

If some one can provide them with the dimensions and good pictures of the 30mm maybe we could have a metal barrel for our Apaches and DAP. Other than that maybe Live Resin could do one up.

Floyd

Master offers the 20mm M-197 used on the AH-1F/S as I provided them with plenty of references.

Excellent to know! I was asked about the dimensions on November 13th of 2015. (EDIT - I just looked up the e-mail)

So there you have it, get involved if you can.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

Thanks for the help, Floyd!

I only get information from doing Google searches on the interweb thingy.

However, if anyone has access to detailed schematics, specs, and dimensions... or access to a real M230 chaingun... PLEASE provide the information to Master (and let us know here).