Revells new 1/30 ish X-wing build

Well more than just oob or it would have only taken about 5 mins! Ive been waiting for this for a long time , but i was a tiny bit disappointed when i got it. Its a bit toy like for 50 quid. I wanted to accurise mine to represent one of the actual filming miniatures. Luckily ive built alot of 1/24 studio scale X-wings in the past so i have alot of refs. To be fair if you bought one and just repainted it , it would look quite good.

Heres a list of what i have done so far

Replaced the entire front fuselage underside. The kit one has a kink in it like the old AMT one , so it was out with the plasticard.

camera037_zps89a0c01b.jpg

I also rescribed it and added a few raised panels and that center hatch thats completely missing from the kit.

The intakes have been opened up a bit and detailed , the kit ones were a bit too small and just did not look right. Ive added extra detail to the 2 small side panels on the fuselage , added a little detail to the droid strip , Made the engines as front and rear parts instead of the joined unit that the kit had. Whilst i was doing that i added LEDs

The panels either side of the intakes on the leading edge have been corrected aswell.

I still need to detail the cockpit and make another pilot figure , oh and remake the wing cannon bodies.

camera035_zps4d87f2f0.jpg

camera034_zps42921984.jpg

camera033_zps492ba91f.jpg

camera032_zps389c0da2.jpg

camera031_zps7af7c3b4.jpg

Heres the overall look so far.

camera030_zps812910bc.jpg

Edited by gunpowder

Well its done. Its been a bit of a slog but the end result is well worth the effort . It basically looks like a resin studio scale kit but at about a quarter of the price. The modification to the basic kit were as follows

Replaced the whole underside of the forward fuselage with plasticard and rescribed it

Widened the intakes and seperated the rear engine part as it was a molded in one piece.

Added some detail to the upper droid strip

added detail to side panels on the fuselage

Adjusted parts on the butt plate

added LEDs to the engines

Fibre optics to R2 and the cockpit

Removed the molded on arms from the pilot and added new ones

Total repaint and weathering.

xwingfin009_zps3c1f5891.jpg

xwingfin004_zps9d1ddfdc.jpg

xwingfin013_zps6fc77d45.jpg

very nicely done! Really looks the part :woot.gif:/>

Have you got any close ups of the cockpit?

I found that when I clicked one of the photos, it took me to PhoboBucket, and it had a few more shots, and here are the ones I saw that had closer views of the cockpit:

http://s70.photobucket.com/user/gunpowder17/media/ebay3_zps7ee89208.jpg.html

http://s70.photobucket.com/user/gunpowder17/media/xwing009_zpsc8d3a042.jpg.html

http://s70.photobucket.com/user/gunpowder17/media/xwing008_zps388c7425.jpg.html