Anyone like RF-4s??

Hitch, I'm sorry, but Nevada is going to be a hard sell for me. They've just been done so many times before, including that very scheme in your pics. I have a Super Scale sheet with those markings. Granted, it's Super Scale so the quality isn't great, but it could probably be used if you want to give it a try. Yours for the taking if you'd like it.

I would like to see 1) Shaw AFB RF-4Cs with blue rudders with palm tree and cresent moon. I had some goods shots of these guys, but I sent the pictures to someone and never got them back. 2) White and orange RF-4C at Hill AFB used for depot testing...I do have lots of pictures of this guy 3) Mississippi ANG and 4) Idaho ANG.

How about one of these:

Rf-4c(zz)70448-sm11.jpg

Would phinaly enable me to do an "operational" recce Phantom, and I'd get to use the G139 pod which has been laying here for many many years...!

(OK, would be a 66 model in full SEA wraparound, but you can contact me for full specs..).

Daniƫl

scan0014.jpg

scan0015.jpg

How about the Mississippi/Alabama/Nevada RF-4C that was used during DS?We hosted them as they came back stateside,3,000 plus people welcomed them and the 35th F-4G's as each wave of Phantoms came on base that month or so,each wave had a awesome hero's welcome.

Any and all ANG units get my vote.

Edited by ThePhantomTwo

ISS_SHG_1.jpg

I have it drawn as it appeared in March 1994, right before it was flown here to the museum.

Jake

Awesome, didn't realize you lived near Dayton. Two years ago I did 26 weeks worth of training in Indy. Every Sunday I spent a full day at the museum in Dayton.

I also drove that far just so I could have a Timmies coffee. Love your books, thanks for including the CF-18 in the Hornet book. I loved working on those jets. I look forward to your decals!

I would like to see 1) Shaw AFB RF-4Cs with blue rudders with palm tree and cresent moon. I had some goods shots of these guys, but I sent the pictures to someone and never got them back. 2) White and orange RF-4C at Hill AFB used for depot testing...I do have lots of pictures of this guy 3) Mississippi ANG and 4) Idaho ANG.

do you have the crew names for the Shaw jet? I have everything on else on it, but no close-up pics of the cockpit.

How about one of these:

Would phinaly enable me to do an "operational" recce Phantom, and I'd get to use the G139 pod which has been laying here for many many years...!

(OK, would be a 66 model in full SEA wraparound, but you can contact me for full specs..).

Daniƫl

I have a Kadena jet drawn in the Euro 1 scheme that will be on the first sheet.

How about the Mississippi/Alabama/Nevada RF-4C that was used during DS?

Do you have any more pics of it, Dave? There was another jet like that, too, that I'd forgotten about. It was a Birmingham jet with BH tailcodes and the Reno tailflash.

Jake

Jake,that is the only pic I have that survived moves.'425 had standard Mississippi markings except for the addition of the Nevada fin flash and the ANG badge with Nevada above it.If I can track down fellow crew chief Kris Metz from that I worked with back then,I bet he still has all the Phantom pics he took and I gave him,he left the unit to hunt down flying jobs with other units,I heard he was flying C-130's here in the mid-west nowadays.I parked the Alabama jet and Kris parked the Mississippi jet that day.

I

In defense of Reno - I know Superscale did them forever ago (with all the "quality" of that era). Reno's RF-4's carried every Air Force camo from SEA thru Hill Gray. They flew the jets for 20 years 1975 -1995, flew in Desert Storm, and were some of the last Guard Phantoms to fly. They won a Recce Air Meet, and also carried special markings to commemorate the "Sageburner" speed record. All units are worthy of being remembered - and you'd have to have the sales to justify their inclusion. I would hope that having been covered by an old sheet three decades ago wouldn't be the sole reason to exclude them. Of course, I'm very biased in this smile.gif

Inflight15_zps465f4a68.jpg

Ramp32_zpsd32418d8.jpg

SEA-RF-4C-Paint_zps86af7174.jpg

0574140_zps6d549029.jpg

Inflight11_zps4e761452.jpg

1_zpsce7b61ac.jpg

and a great video

Edited by GEH737

How about one of these:

Rf-4c(zz)70448-sm11.jpg

Daniƫl

Love the SEA camo on the RF-4 377.gif271.gif !

In defense of Reno - I know Superscale did them forever ago (with all the "quality" of that era). Reno's RF-4's carried every Air Force camo from SEA thru Hill Gray. They flew the jets for 20 years 1975 -1995, flew in Desert Storm, and were some of the last Guard Phantoms to fly. They won a Recce Air Meet, and also carried special markings to commemorate the "Sageburner" speed record. All units are worthy of being remembered - and you'd have to have the sales to justify their inclusion. I would hope that having been covered by an old sheet three decades ago wouldn't be the sole reason to exclude them. Of course, I'm very biased in this smile.gif

Inflight15_zps465f4a68.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub:

That said... I will go for whatever. :)

In defense of Reno - I know Superscale did them forever ago (with all the "quality" of that era). Reno's RF-4's carried every Air Force camo from SEA thru Hill Gray. They flew the jets for 20 years 1975 -1995, flew in Desert Storm, and were some of the last Guard Phantoms to fly. They won a Recce Air Meet, and also carried special markings to commemorate the "Sageburner" speed record.

Aaaaaand, you wrenched them before you went to go fly Hogs. :D

the Reno jets were also on the AirDoc sheets from a while back. I do have walkarounds of some Reno jets with markings that--to my knowledge--haven't ever been done. I can't fit them onto the first RF-4 sheet, but maybe I can work one onto the next round, OK?

Awesome, didn't realize you lived near Dayton. Two years ago I did 26 weeks worth of training in Indy. Every Sunday I spent a full day at the museum in Dayton.

I live around 30 minutes from the museum. Up until about a year ago, I was an IP at Wright-Patterson AFB.

Thanks for the kind words!

Jake

do you have the crew names for the Shaw jet? I have everything on else on it, but no close-up pics of the cockpit.

Jake

Unfortunutly I don't have any of the pictures I had of those RF-4s, they all went to Scott B. and I haven't recieved them back.

How about this Jake, something to my knowledge that's never been done. A 32nd scale sheet with 3-4 different markings/units? Don't know of anything that is available for the fine Rev/Mono kit other than the kit decals.

Chuck

Way ahead of you Chuck!

Kurt, there really isn't any markings on those early jets, aside from the stencils. I bet it'd be pretty easy to cobble the markings together from various sheets if you wanted to build one.

Jake

• 3 weeks later...

The Brussels Air museum has a Shaw RF-4C in its collection. Still in its original paint sheme. I you want i can take a complete walkaround of it. Let me know,.

Some pics

http://www.sbap.be/museum/brussels/brussels.htm (scrole down its at the bottom)

http://picasaweb.google.com/107238265313281486528/MacDonnelDouglasRF4CPhantomIIIIAF68590?gsessionid=ogPqlp8OkoQ4ZjBXWbIatw

Edited by 31Tiger

That would be great, if you don't mind. I have a couple Shaw jets I'd like to do. If you could get me nice close-ups of the wing and squadron badges, that would be great. Crew names, too.

Thanks!

Jake

That would be great, if you don't mind. I have a couple Shaw jets I'd like to do. If you could get me nice close-ups of the wing and squadron badges, that would be great. Crew names, too.

Thanks!

Jake

Jake, PM send!