Wolfpak December 2013 Release

Gents,

Here’s the December 2013 releases from Wolfpak Decals:

Sheet 72-066 $17.00 – The first subject is a F3H-2N of VF-61, Jolly Rogers from 1957. Next is a QF-4G of the 82nd ATRS from Tyndall AFB. Followed by an A-4E from VMA-311 at Chu Lai in Vietnam. The next QF-4G is from Det. 1 of the 82nd ATRS at Holloman AFB. The EA-6B is from VAQ-133 and is in desert camouflage. To round out the sheet you have options for a CV-22B of either the 20th SOS, Green Hornets at Cannon AFB or the 7th SOS from RAF Mildenhal.

Sheet 72-067 $12.00 – We start out with a F-16C from the 310th FS, 56th FW at Luke AFB. The 56th will start converting to the F-35A soon so I wanted to get one of the F-16’s on a sheet. There are two subjects from Desert Storm; a A-7E from VA-46 Clansmen and a EF-111A from the 42nd ECS. Esci years ago released a F-15A with the ASM-135 ASAT missile. The decals on this sheet are for the aircraft that actually fired the missile and includes the kill markings on the airframe and the missile markings seen in most photographs. The last subject on this sheet is for a EC-130H Compass Call of the 41st Electronic Combat Squadron at Davis-Monthan AFB.

Sheet 12-13 is my thank you sheet for all of you who have patronized Wolfpak Decals and can be had complements of me with an order of $30.00 USD or more of decals. Try to get some interesting and or unusual subjects on this sheet. The first subject is a F-16A with the big horizontal tails from the 306th TFS of the 31st TFW with the “ZF” tail code. The next subject is a RA-5C from the USS Kittyhawk in an experimental SEA camouflage scheme followed by a A-6A in a two-tone green scheme from the USS Constellation both during 1966 in the Gulf of Tonkin. The last subject is the last operational F-100D in ANG squadron service from 113th TFS of the Indiana ANG.

Best Wishes,

Mark S.

72-066ColorInstructions.jpg[/url]

72-067ColorInstructions.jpg[/url]

12-13ColorInstructions.jpg[/url]

Cool stuff! I know there will be a lot of happy people on the VAQ-133 camo Prowler. If there's still time to correct the instructions, the light sand paint color is actually fs 33475 and the camo pattern below the rudder to the arresting hook is missing. I can help out with a few other corrections if you want as well.

Good to see such diverse and cool subjects in 1/72!

-Brian

I really like the last F-100 and I hope it gets the details right,I have a soft spot for this historic Hun,I was on base for it's last flight and the gala on November 10,1979.Caracal hit the mark on getting things right on his first Hun sheet,CAM totally missed the mark on their releases and had so many errors and sizing problems.

I can't build 1/72 anymore but will pick up the sheet just for the F-100 on it!

Thank you Mark!!! You just covered two subjects that were done in 48th scale, and completely ignored in 72nd scale, (the ASAT F-15 and camo Prowler) that I've wanted to build for a long, long time. I will definitely be getting both of these sheets! If you end up talking to Brian at Fightertown, perhaps you guys can work out a deal to cover that green camo A-6E that he covered in 48th scale? Now that would be sweet!

One question..... In order to get the thank you sheet, do you have to place a $30 order now, or just have placed a $30 order sometime during this year? Thanks for all of the great 1/72nd scale decals! Fred K.

Mark,just a heads up on the last F-100D,looking at the nose gear door numbers,they are located in the wrong spot in the instructions,they should be centered on the door,not on the lower portion,also the numbers are white and the door itself is red with a white border.

'979 prior to the "City of Terre Haute" scheme being applied,it was a 1978 transfer from the Oklahoma ANG.

562979-4_zpsee98c529.jpg

and after....

f-100d_62979_zps304fce8d.jpg

F-100D562979_zps3079bd07.jpg

562979-3_zpsd18f4555.jpg

562979-1_zpsa6ecb2be.jpg

562979-2_zpscad0cb06.jpg

lasthun_zps73c0c774.jpg

Photo's are via Maj.Bill Layne and the 181st FW

Info I have gave decal makers over the years on 56-2979:

Last Flight "City of Terre Haute" scheme:

Paint:FS30219(Tan)

FS3434102(Lt. Green)

FS34079(Dk. Green)

FS36622(Lt. Grey)

Tail tip fin markings:

Red-top

white-middle,with "Indiana" in script lettering

blue-bottom

Tailcode:HF in black - It was the only F-100 with the 181st that carried the codes

Tail number/aircraft serial number:painted in black,AF56 979

Standard warning markings and stencils(note:in this scheme it has a red ejection triangle instead of the orange/red "strip" warning label that most camo F-100's had).Some stenciling is

Nose gear door:Red outlined in white,979 in red portion

Pilot/Crew names:Names are in white,old english lettering

crew names as shown on the aircraft:

Pilot Lt. B Layne

C/C TSgt. R Funkhouser

F-100D 56-2979,regular markings prior to re-paint for last flight,September 1979:

Paint:FS30219(Tan)

FS3434102(Lt. Green)

FS34079(Dk. Green)

FS36622(Lt. Grey)

Tail tip fin markings:

Red-top

white-middle,with "Indiana" in script lettering

blue-bottom

Tail number/aircraft serial number:White 979,smaller USAF(black on left side,white on right side,smaller 62979 below USAF(See above pic and see C&M Volume 21,Colors and Markings of the F-100 Super Sabre,page 44,middle picture,56-2979 is in the background,pictured while still assigned to the Oklahoma ANG,it was re-assigned to the 181st TFG,Indiana ANG in August of 1978)

Standard warning markings and stencils-Ejection seat "strip" used,not triangle

Nose gear door:Red outlined in white,979 in red portion

Pilot/Crew names:Names are in white,old english lettering

crew names as shown on the aircraft:

Pilot Capt. L. Predaina

C.C. T/Sgt D. Chamberlain

Edited by ThePhantomTwo

Gents:

Fred, You need to place a new $30 order to get the Thank You sheet.

Roger that Mark..... I see that the total for your two new sheets comes to $29. Can I just pay you $30 and get the Thank You sheet, since I've already bought the other sheets of yours that I want? Thanks, Fred.

Gents:

Each year that I have offered the Thank-You sheet it has been yours with the purchase of $30.00 or more of decal sheets. You can't just can't add money to the order to get it.

Dave, thanks for the gear door info. The correct decal is being printed and I will update the instruction sheet before printing it. Will post it when it's complete.

Mark

Edited by Mark S.

Gents:

Each year that I have offered the Thank-You sheet it has been yours with the purchase of $30.00 or more of decal sheets. You can't just can't add money to the order to get it.

Mark

Mental note to self: don't place any orders until the end of the year. Fred.

".Anymore interesting ANG birds that could come in future?...Thanks Marshall"

i was just thinking that..!

also, low viz S-3's. i'm looking for VS-33, VS-41 and VS-35 low viz decals from around 2005/2006.

of the decomission ceremony at North Island, i have photos of the specials which were around that time... those were high viz though.

Robert

Maybe some Marine CH-46Es in green or land camouflage or desert storm from the '80s and '90s before the bullfrog upgrade would be a good sell as well. All the available 1:72 kits only feature small sponsons and there are no decals out there for any of those..

Edited by Rank11

Mark,

I see that Pavla just released a resin cockpit set and corrected nose for the Emhar kit. Amazingly good timing. :whistle:/>

Deke

Wow! hadn't seen that. I'll definately be picking that up along with mark's decals. My attempt at using the airwaves pe set ended in disaster.