1/32 T-6G from KH soon

It looks like there's a plug in the top of the rear fuselage for various antenna configurations, but unfortunately the fuselage halves appear dedicated to the "short" rear canopy. If they kit is a good seller, the Great And Powerful Aftermarket may make bits for a Harvard conversion.

All-in-all, it looks very nice so far. Can we see any pics of the engine and landing gear?

SN

Fingers crossed for this one. Can't wait to see what she looks like in the plastic.

I vote for a 1/32 NA T28 series next. Pull that off, and ill buy a carton of the things, though I may be a bit biased ;-)

D

It looks like there's a plug in the top of the rear fuselage for various antenna configurations, but unfortunately the fuselage halves appear dedicated to the "short" rear canopy.

SN

Yes, I agree. Then why do they show Canadian roundels on the test shot ??????

not fair to tease us like that.

Tony

Very disappointing indeed to include RCAF roundels, but not the equipment to build one. Perhaps the roundels won't be part of the kit, and was just placed on the model to tease us Canucks and those wishing to build an RCAF Harvard?

Brad

Yes, I agree. Then why do they show Canadian roundels on the test shot ??????

not fair to tease us like that.

Tony

Edited by Brad-M

Could they be thinking of the Harvard Mk IIA or Mk III? If so, it also explains the SNJ-5 schemes included.

Regards,

The Canadian scheme on the boxtop is for a Harvard MkIV. That diagram has errors, as Canadian MkIIAs had the longer rear canopy as well. In the RCAF, an armed MkII was called a MkIIA. Other Commonwealth Lend-Lease Harvard MkIIAs were in fact T-6Cs. The Harvard MkIII was a T-6D though, that part is correct.

Tony

PS I probably would hazard a guess that the RAF version on the boxtop is fiction too.

Edited by Snowbird3a

I'll be waiting for actual sprue shots of the whole kit before I make a decision on buying this one. If the correct parts to do a proper Canadian Harvard aren't included, I may pass on this one. The artwork for the MkIV is clearly wrong, as Tony has already mentioned.

Kittyhawk, please make sure to include the correct parts. Don't go halfway on this one.

hi all

the airframe we used for this kit was built after WWII by Canadian Car Foundry. the only totaly new T-6 airframe built after the war were the 555 built at the Canadian Car Foundry.

they rolled off the line as AT-6G's & Harvard IV's

Glen