Any chance of a 1/48 Boeing X-32?

Since Hobby Boss came out with the YF-23, would there be any slight chance in hell that someone would be willing to do a 1/48 X-32? I always thought that it was a better looking airframe than the X/F-35 even though it has a mug only a mother could love. Never have cared for the Lockheed offering.

Glen (of Kitty Hawk) has mentioned their desire to do a 1/48 X-32 a while ago; and he was looking for reference material. So you can be sure that it is at least on the radar screen of a company that can deliver it.

Glen (of Kitty Hawk) has mentioned their desire to do a 1/48 X-32 a while ago; and he was looking for reference material. So you can be sure that it is at least on the radar screen of a company that can deliver it.

The National Museum of the USAF has the prototype in their restoration hangars.

Granted, the leadership of that place will likely tell anyone with any kind of interest in making anyone care about aviation to go screw themselves.. But that's where it is.

Egad..that bird even gave ugly a bad rap....but it did fly and I have to like it for that reason alone. It somewhat looked like a whale shark with mouth open feeding on plankton :o :D .

Edited by #1 Greywolf

ThePhantomTwo,

I could not remember the complete NOVA program, but I seem to remember that the team wanted to make changes, but there was no time. Am I remembering this correctly?

Edit the intake reminds me of the mouth of a Basking shark

Edited by Av8fan

+1

It made me smile :)/>/>

Another +1! I'm slowly working on an accurate 1/72 model, starting with a 1/72 diecast to replace the badly-shaped Italeri model. Just look at the shape differences!

x32-14.jpg

Since this thread is likely to attract all X-32 fans, is there anyone out there who knows more about the vortex flaps on the leading edge? I find it amazing that I cannot find anything about this very special design feature. I really want to show these forward opening 'spoilers' on my model.

Rob

That's why. All my pictures are of the X32B, that's the one I like :)/>

The X32A had longer wings, I wonder if those features were exclussive to the A model. I have also seen different intake configurations with and without the scoop. It seems making a kit of this plane is going to take a very particular time frame with a specific configuration for that time period.

Edited by pookie

Another +1! I'm slowly working on an accurate 1/72 model, starting with a 1/72 diecast to replace the badly-shaped Italeri model. Just look at the shape differences!

x32-14.jpg

Since this thread is likely to attract all X-32 fans, is there anyone out there who knows more about the vortex flaps on the leading edge? I find it amazing that I cannot find anything about this very special design feature. I really want to show these forward opening 'spoilers' on my model.

Rob

Which one is the Italeri?