Hobbyboss 1/48 Su-27

HB Su-27: No idea.

Dont bother with the zhengdefu.From all that I have read, it seems to be a poor kit. Why not take a look in the Buy and Sell here. I am sure that you will find a good deal on an Acad SU-27 eventually.

Edited by Av8fan

Agree, there's the Academy kit, or the Eduard upgraded version of the Academy kit with some really outstanding add-ons. Those are options that are open if you want to build a Su-27 RIGHT NOW. The HB kit will come soon enough. As has been noted the Zhendengfu kits are poor, poor - they're REALLY bad - copies of the basic Academy kit, so there's no reason to consider them, especially as the Academy kits can be soruced cheaply after nearly 20 years of release.

I have the Academy 1/48 su-27, i was just wondering

What companies manufactured 1/48 su-27s

Academy.

BANGHEAD2.jpg

Yup Academy is the only one. The others are low quality copies of the academy kit, like the Sh i t dogfood one.

And the HB is most likely Vaporware at this stage. Even the Trumpeter 1/32 A-6 took 6 years to be released since it was first announced. And before you ask, HB and Trumpeter are sister companies.

Did I mention Academy is the only Su-27 kit really? Eduard and Wolfpack boxings are that, reboxings of the academy kit with extras like resin and decals. The chinese ones are bad quality copies. rolleyes.gif/>

Edited by Inquisitor

Sure the HB kit is likely not tooled, but they seem to be doing a better job of getting through their announcements in a semi-timely manner, so I have hope that we'll see it within 12 months. Pretty much everything else that was on the HB list has been released, and then some...

I also have, at least, hope that it will be a decent, and certainly better than Academy, starting point. Given that Trumpyboss did some degree of corrections to upgrade their 1:32 kit and a further round of adjustments to their 1:72 kit, I can hope that the 1:48 version is the best yet.

Of course, there's nothing to say in the interim that somebody like, say GWH, will bless us with an uber kit, but that's even bigger wishful thinking!

Is there any 1/48 Su-35

short answer... No.

if you see a "miniHobby" box showing a Su-35/37... stay away!

no Su-27M nor 35 or 37... no Su-35S neither...

it just exist resin conversion sets, for Su-35/37, from Sol, Windmark and WolfpackD. (but these are expensive things and require good modeling skills)

short answer... No.

if you see a "miniHobby" box showing a Su-35/37... stay away!

no Su-27M nor 35 or 37... no Su-35S neither...

it just exist resin conversion sets, for Su-35/37, from Sol, Windmark and WolfpackD. (but these are expensive things and require good modeling skills)

Yeah, that conversion set seems to be too much for me right now. You don't like the Minihobby 1/48 Su-35/37?

Yeah, that conversion set seems to be too much for me right now. You don't like the Minihobby 1/48 Su-35/37?

Did you read our comments about the Academy Su-27 being the only kit? About all the chinese copies from the Academy kit? Minihobby are modified copies too and like the Sh ittydogfood kits STAY AWAY, unless your hobby is burning or throwing your money away!

DID WE MENTION ACADEMY IS THE ONLY SU-27 KIT AND YOU SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM ALL CHINESE COPIES BECAUSE THEY ARE S H I T!?

If you buy any of this chinese copies. This is what's gonna happen.

1) You'll realize how s h i t t y they are, give up and throw it out of your window.

2) Or You'll culture your patience, you'll spend money on a couple tubes of putty or more and train all your basic modeling skills. You'll learn to fix star trek levels of warping, you'll learn to fill and sand Grand Canyon sized gaps, etc.

Edited by Inquisitor
  • 1 month later...