CD48050 - US Navy AD-5/A-1E Skyraider

This is my second sheet for the re-released Revell(Matchbox) A-1E kit; the first one being the USAF/VNAF sheet I announced earlier. It is coming in late December/early January, and will feature 7 USN/USMC "fat face" Skyraiders.

The options on the sheet are:

-USN AD-5, VU-1

-USNR AD-5, Los Alamitos

-USN A-1E trainer

-USN A-1G, Anacostia

-USN A-1E, NATF

-USMC A-1E, Quantico

I will try and post profiles soon, but this week will be pretty busy since the December batch(YF-23,F-4C,A-1E etc.) is due to arrive in a couple of days. Until then, here are the images of the sheet.

cd48050d1.jpgcd48050d2.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Last 10 sheets - this was a very successful sheet, and it looks like I underestimated the appeal of the subject. Don't think I will reprint it though, so once these are gone, this is it.

Sold out! Another Skyraider sheet (this time most likely for single-seaters) is always a possibility. Please let me know if there are subjects you'd like to see.

Edited by KursadA
  • 8 years later...
2 hours ago, eraucubsfan said:

I know you said no-reprint, but any thoughts on changing your mind? 

I think I said "I don't think I will reprint it" - but so many people have been asking for this and the USAF A-1E sheets; and I am pretty sure I will reprint them in the next year. 

• 3 months later...

Pilot Replicas has a new tool 1/48 A-1E/AD-5 en route/planned, so you might want to stock up on this re-release now.  Just sayin'.  No more kitbashing the Tamiya Skyraider with the Matchbox Wagon Queen Family Truckster.  

On 2/14/2023 at 8:43 PM, AD-4N said:

Pilot Replicas has a new tool 1/48 A-1E/AD-5 en route/planned, so you might want to stock up on this re-release now.  Just sayin'.  No more kitbashing the Tamiya Skyraider with the Matchbox Wagon Queen Family Truckster.  

I’d like to share your optimism, but IMHO the new Skyraider release by Pilot Replicas may well turn out to be a Swedish AD-4W target tug rather than an AD-5. I stand to be corrected, but I still have to see something else than a Swedish topic covered by this manufacturer in 1:48.

31 minutes ago, The Arrowhead said:

I’d like to share your optimism, but IMHO the new Skyraider release by Pilot Replicas may well turn out to be a Swedish AD-4W target tug rather than an AD-5. I stand to be corrected, but I still have to see something else than a Swedish topic covered by this manufacturer in 1:48.

They have confirmed with some people that have asked, that the AD-5/A-1E is going to be the first release. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235121826-148-douglas-ad-5-skyraider-family-by-pilot-replicas-first-release-a-1e/

On 2/16/2023 at 6:54 AM, skyhawk524 said:

They have confirmed with some people that have asked, that the AD-5/A-1E is going to be the first release. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235121826-148-douglas-ad-5-skyraider-family-by-pilot-replicas-first-release-a-1e/

Yep, the rendering PR showed was clearly the Wagon Queen Family Truckster version.  Now, they may do a AD-4W later, but the rendering was the AD-5/A-1E.