Question about Me-262A-2a

I know that it carries only the lower MK 108 cannons, and the upper ports were blanked, but I'd like to know if the corresponding spent rounds chutes were closed as well. If they were closed, I'd like to know which are the chutes for the upper guns, there are two per side. Thanks a lot in advance. Best regards.

José.

A little searching found THIS, along with some in-progress models that show the gun.

Upper gun chutes routed aft, lower gun chute forward.

I doubt they would block off the gun chutes, as they were not in the air flow as the gun ports are.

Curt

Edited by Netz

I was under the impression that only bomber variants of the 262 had the top pair of guns removed -unless anyone knows otherwise...?

I believe the -2a has an additional fuelling port for the four-tank system just aft of the canopy fairing and on the left of the centre line, but otherwise looks much like the -1a.

However, my research was a while back and not really exhaustive, so I'd be pleased to know the definitive answer as well!