Kittyhawk SA-365F-1 Dauphin Pedro 1/48

So I started this one, and I chose for the first build one of the french Navy Dauphin Pedro;

I like the kit, but there will be some addition/improvement, but not too much.

So I started with the floor, by adding some aluminium tape :

NORB1652_zpse416df14.jpg

Aluminium tape which I cover with primer, to prepare it for the paint

NORB1663_zpsb3cbb041.jpg

I try to build a maximum of subelements, and here is the engine deck

NORB1671_zps88c94cc0.jpg

As you see, I improved also the angle in front of the starbord nose window. Was more work to find pictures as to make it.

The kit has the turbine trunks included : do not follow the instruction, and fix them to the engine intakes, as they are on real thing : it goes spot on and seems to have been designed for that

NORB1675_zps223a3631.jpg

Norbert

Edited by norbert

Hi Norbert. This build should be interesting. It looks like it can converted fairly easily into an Irish Air Corps SA365Fi. I found some old photos recently that I have of the Dauphin and it is interesting to see how sparse the rear compartment was in these helicopters.

LD.

Norbert,

Can you build a US Coast a Guard HH-65 with what's in the box?

Thanks,

Gonzalo

Hi Gonzalo

the answer is no : different left side pannel(instead of sliding door), roof with hoist door, and other details.

In my Opinion, looking at kit parts breakdown, a HH-65 special boxing will come erlier or later.

If You are open to non specific US, but want american continent, you can do with this boxing following birds :

Mexico marina

Brazil HM-1

Chilian navy edited following Philips remark on rear doors, chilians are old Irish.

Norbert

Edited by norbert

Hi Norbert. This build should be interesting. It looks like it can converted fairly easily into an Irish Air Corps SA365Fi. I found some old photos recently that I have of the Dauphin and it is interesting to see how sparse the rear compartment was in these helicopters.

LD.

Hi LD

And you know that a decal sheet is already existing for that one... :woot.gif:

Norbert

LD.

LD,

It would be great if you can upload the Dauphin photos - especially the internal ones.

Its a pity the correct rear doors for an SA365Fi aren't in this release, even though one of the decals schemes is for 247 in Rotorleasing colours.

The doors seem to be included in the future Z-9 release.

Not a big deal, and with some revised panel lines and other minor mod's, this kit will look very good in Max Decals IAC colours.

And thanks for your walkaround of the S-61N - an excellent reference.

Best regards,

Philip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

One week that I turn around it : dry fit was not satisfying and I had a 2 mm gap on the dog-house.

After a while, I found out that it was because the back panel was too high. You see on my first pictures I placed a spacer above the wheel wells as there was a gap there : a mistake.

in fact, the back pannel is too high, and I removed material from the bottom so that the sides sit on the wheel wells

This is something important as it will affect the build

So new dry fit

Success :cheers:

NORB1691_zps1abf26c2.jpg

Everything goes now to the right place

NORB1692_zps9cf55125.jpg

Norbert

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

little progress on the bottom :

NORB2220_zpsecfb0d57.jpg

NORB2217_zpsc746c5ce.jpg

however, there is more work as I thought in the inside.

NORB2212_zps93776270.jpg

The front seats are too much backward, OK an easy change.

NORB2213_zps39f60c2d.jpg

However, looks like the central pannel is too long, oversized or something

NORB2215_zpsa5e72ff9.jpg

I also changed the IP to depict the model I chose to do...

Now, waiting to my oder of Miliput to make the cargo arrangment

Norbert

Awesome job there Norbert! I am following this one with interest!

The kit doesn't look like an easy build.

From what I see I get the impression that Kittyhawk saved themselves the trouble of test fitting the parts before releasing the thing... <_<

Keep those updates coming and good luck!

Gertjan

• 1 month later...

Hello Norbert,

Seemed like a lot of work kit!

But this is a job only for the brave! Most modelers prefer scales 1/35 to facilitate the work of detailing!

I'm enjoying it very much so far!

If you can incorporate these pieces drawn in 3D will get better!

Congratulations on the result! :worship:

[]s

Norbert,

You are a Master! That looks awesome. I hope one day you turn your attention and computer skills to US Army helos.

Ray

Many thanks, I do ! Do not worry

Norbert

Edited by norbert

Hi

So it starts to be busy. I try to have as much possible made before the open day in Hyères June the 15th, where I hope to crosscheck some of the details with the real thing.

0IPp_zpsfdbf8848.jpg

0IPq_zps8f9c3fae.jpg

Norbert