Tamiya 1/24 LaFerrari

Greetings everyone

This is my in-between project build - the new Tamiya LaFerrari

Whilst waiting for my pink LED's to turn up (which arrived yesterday- great timing) I decided to build this brand new kit from Tamiya

Most of the build was straight forward , but there are some very complex sections like the door mechanism - which I cracked the sh*ts with and glued them to the frame. Who needs opening doors anyway?

All of these issues came as quite a surprise to me given it's a Tamiya kit, but I'm not too phased by it - it's still a great looking machine

Anyway, enough words, time for pics. I have fixed up a few issues since taking these pics - and it was because of these pics that I picked them up. Sorry.

IMG_3147_zpsb57d9a81.jpg

IMG_3152_zpsc4931f2b.jpg

IMG_3151_zps6614d78a.jpg

IMG_3149_zps13bd8f1c.jpg

IMG_3156_zps733e6631.jpg

IMG_3159_zps2f17b4b9.jpg

As you can see below - awful fit issues:

IMG_3153_zps572c96db.jpg

I forgot to pick up the hood braces, so a garden stick had to do the job:

IMG_3155_zps4ea02abe.jpg

Another thing I didn't like was the whole using a decal over clear plates as mesh for the rear end. Looks crap. Would rather a PE part, but they weren't available at the shop where I bought it. Never mind.

The car was painted using Tamiya TS8 (Italian Red) decanted from a rattle can and airbrushed on. It's supposed to be TS86 but I couldn't find it anywhere surprisingly. I like the color it's in now anyways.

Engine was sprayed using Alclad

Well, I 'm off to continue with the Space Carrier, but this was a good fill in while I waited for parts

I am positive a better modeller will make a hell of better job than I did on this kit.

See you soon

MH