Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nicholassagan

Trumpeter 1/144 Su-27 Flanker B

17 posts in this topic

LOVE IT!!! The digital decals look GREAT!!!

Thanks for sharing your work!!!

Matt

Wow! 1/144 scale! Very sexy! And from your picts, I just noticed how much this aircraft looks like a Tomcat/Eagle/F. Falcon all rolled into one! Such a beautiful aircraft...

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the decals for the chaff/flare decals?

MattP

thanks gents! unfortunately its the only paper the studio at work has. i do have the blue paper at home but the lighting isnt great...

Thanks guys! MattP, sorry delayed answer. The flare decals come with the kit. :)/>/>

??? I have 2 of the Trumpeter SU-27's and I didn't get them in either one...? I got the goofy "Flight Demonstration Team" decals...

Matt

Edited by MattP

The big red stripe decals? That's the sheet that comes with all of them. It also has the markings for a standard Flanker. The flare decals are the little shapes right below the thin red and white chevron (below the red wing stripes).

The big red stripe decals? That's the sheet that comes with all of them. It also has the markings for a standard Flanker. The flare decals are the little shapes right below the thin red and white chevron (below the red wing stripes).

DUH!!! Sorry, I haven't taken the decals out of the plastic yet. Upon further examination I see them now...

Thanks again!

Matt

On the Trumpeter 1/72 scale Flankers, the chaff/flare decals are in the J-11B kit.......

J-11b%20011.jpg

J-11b%20042.jpg

But they are not in the rest of Trumpeter's 1/72 scale Flanker kits :crying2:

They are not provided in Trumpeter's Su-30MKK, Su-27UB, Su-27 (Early) nor Su-27 kits. :bandhead2:

Which is a shame - because the decals are really useful in representing the real thing.

Ken