LF Many 1/48th Scale F-18E/F Drop Fuel Tanks

Looking for many 1/48th scale Super Hornet fuel tanks in any brand.

All my Super Hornets will be/are Revell.

I'm planning/preparing for this July's F-18 GB.

One build alone calls for 4 fuel tanks (F-18F with ARS).

Thanks!

Edited by Check Six

Maybe the JSOW but the others are anti-ship missiles so I'd say no.

Guess what I found? biggrin.gif :

2645.jpg

What the pic means to me is that the Super Hornet used those on missions. Which translates into loadout builds 271.gif !

You want to trade/sell/give?

How many do you have?

Do you need any modern weapons, 1/48 or 1/32?

Maybe the JSOW but the others are anti-ship missiles so I'd say no.

AGM-84D Harpoon is an anti-ship missile, but the others have land-attack capabilies (SLAM stands for Standoff Land Attack Missile). But, the AGM-84E SLAM is gone - they've been gone for about a decade or so now, all converted to the AGM-84H and later SLAM-ER (SLAM-Enhanced Response).

AGM-84D Harpoon is an anti-ship missile, but the others have land-attack capabilies (SLAM stands for Standoff Land Attack Missile). But, the AGM-84E SLAM is gone - they've been gone for about a decade or so now, all converted to the AGM-84H and later SLAM-ER (SLAM-Enhanced Response).

Thanks for sharing the info.

Does the U.S. still use a missile that looks like the AGM-84E?

That look dates back to the mid '70's!

Thanks for sharing the info.

Does the U.S. still use a missile that looks like the AGM-84E?

That look dates back to the mid '70's!

Closest is a Harpoon; shorter in the front than the SLAM with the pointed radar nose rather than the domed camera nose, but other than that they are similar in appearance. SLAM-ER is quite different though, with a faceted nose and large wings under the missile body.

Closest is a Harpoon; shorter in the front than the SLAM with the pointed radar nose rather than the domed camera nose, but other than that they are similar in appearance. SLAM-ER is quite different though, with a faceted nose and large wings under the missile body.

Oh; So the Harpoon is still in use, correct?

• 2 weeks later...

I was under the impression that the Super Bug jugs were the same as the standard classic F-18. If that IS the case then you could use ANY F-18 tanks in the same scale.

Looking for many 1/48th scale Super Hornet fuel tanks in any brand.

All my Super Hornets will be/are Revell.

I'm planning/preparing for this July's F-18 GB.

One build alone calls for 4 fuel tanks (F-18F with ARS).

Thanks!

I was under the impression that the Super Bug jugs were the same as the standard classic F-18. If that IS the case then you could use ANY F-18 tanks in the same scale.

I have a 1/48th scale AMT F/A-18A and it's drop tank bear absolutely no resemblance to the Super Hornet's.

By comparing each model's drop tank, the AMT's drop tank is much slimmer than the Revell's. The rear section of the fuel tanks are definitely different with the Super Hornet's being blunt/round vs being more pointy.

Also; The Super Hornet carries 480gal drop tanks vs Hornet's 330gal drop tanks. Apparently the Super Hornet supposed to carry one 330gal drop tank and up to four 480gal drop tanks but of all the pics I've seen/have I've never seen it. There's a pod that's about the size of a 330gal drop tank, but it's a pod.

The AMT Hornet fuel tank is shaped more like an A-4 or A-6's fuel tank.

FA-18_Hornet_VX-4_with_10_AMRAAM.jpg

FA-18.jpg

• 2 weeks later...