Black Ops Models MH-6M Review

That should make for a nice looking current Little bird. Great review Gino! I just wanted to clarify that the TF 160's involvement in the 2nd attempt was actually named Honey Badger. Credible sport was a classified operation in which a C130 was highly modified for STOL capabilities to be able to land in a stadium across the street from the embassy to pick up Delta and the hostages.

Thanks!

Tim

Credible sport was a classified operation in which a C130 was highly modified for STOL capabilities to be able to land in a stadium across the street from the embassy to pick up Delta and the hostages.

Thanks!

Tim

Having been to that stadium (as a young kid, pre-revolution days), I find it amazing that they were going to try to land a C-130 there. Those pilots must have had brass ones.

Regardless, thanks for the review Gino. This kit looks amazing. Good to see some state of the art resin casters showing love to the Littlebird. I'm on fence between going for this kit or waiting for the armed version.

Now only to find me a AH-6J and the are not easy to find.

Everywhere sold out :bandhead2:/>/>

Mark

My local shop has had a couple for ages. Pretty sure if you search hard enough you can find something online. Also, I am not sure but I think one (or more) of the other versions that Dragon released has all the base parts to use with this conversion. Definitely confirm this before taking this route..

EDIT - in looking at the pictures on Aeroscale, it does appear that those other Dragon versions are missing the interior bulkhead behind the pilot's seats, which to the best of my knowledge, only is included in the AH-6J kit.

Edited by 11bee

The key is make sure there are SIX main rotor blades in the kit. The AH-6J has them but I think all the rest have five. Check before you buy.

I have a review written as well and it mirrors what Gino said. This set is awesome and reaks of professionalism throughout the entire thing. Bring on the armed version.

Floyd

Having been to that stadium (as a young kid, pre-revolution days), I find it amazing that they were going to try to land a C-130 there. Those pilots must have had brass ones.

Regardless, thanks for the review Gino. This kit looks amazing. Good to see some state of the art resin casters showing love to the Littlebird. I'm on fence between going for this kit or waiting for the armed version.

The Credible Sport video is here:

for those who have not seen this.

HOLY!!!

The pilots involved must have needed bucket loaders to carry around THOSE cojones.

Though I met a Son Tay helo pilot, Banana1 (??, the guy who was to crash inside the camp, 20+yrs ago.

Calmest, most even tempered-man I had ever met. Did not brag or boast, just introduced himself as a pilot.

Not a lot of 'yeah me' on the walls, but just enough to tell he was legit.

I guess when you are that good, you know it and it matters little what others know or think.

I have reviewed the excellent new Black Ops Models MH-6M conversion for the 1/35 Dragon AH-6J kit at Aeroscale.

Here is the link.

It looks awesome. You will not be disappointed.

I just ordered two ;-) I am happy, got MH-6M , MH-47E, MH-60L all 1/35 scale. Now who is going to do a MH-60K conversion in 1/35 ? Then the circle will be complete. Any takers?