I just finished this one up, and it will go to the printers next week, along with 48003 which covers the F-15C/D. This is an 8 x 10 sheet with 7 RF-4Cs in Hill II and Euro 1 camouflage schemes. Two sets of stencils are included, plus jet-specific stencils for each option, such as the canopy controls and rescue arrows.

1) RF-4C 64-1047 Alabama ANG, 1994. Custom Don Spering "Iraqi Scud Seeker" artwork. Hill Gray II paint scheme.

64-1047_SHG.jpg

2) RF-4C 65-0843 Alabama ANG, 1992. Custom Don Spering "Diamond Jubilee" artwork. Hill Gray II paint scheme.

65-0843_SHG.jpg

3) RF-4C 67-0452 3246th Test Wing, Eglin AFB, 1992. Hill Gray II paint scheme.

67-0452_3246TW_SHG.jpg

4) RF-4C 65-0878 Nebraska ANG, 1989. Hill Gray II paint scheme.

65-0878_SHG.jpg

5) RF-4C 69-0357 67th RW, Bergstrom AFB, TX, 1992. Hill Gray II paint scheme.

69-0357_67RW_SHG.jpg

6) RF-4C 68-0567 26th TRW, Zweibrucken AB, Germany, 1991. Desert Storm markings. Hill Gray II paint scheme.

68-0567_SHG.jpg

7) RF-4C 69-0368 26th TRW, Zweibrucken AB, Germany, 1987. European 1 paint scheme.

69-0368_SHG.jpg

Thanks for the support! Sales of the first two Phantom MiG killer sheets have been incredible.

48004_SHG.jpg

Edited by jmel

Profiles have been added.

I love the Don Spering schemes, he painted up some beautiful Phantoms for the London (Ontario) airshows over the years...

He did. He's been a great help in sending me pics of his artwork to make sure I have all the details right. He's a very helpful guy and very talented artist.

Jake

Looks good!

I do have a question about 68-0567 though. I have a pic of it, and the anti glare panel on it isn't like your profile. On my pic it wraps all the way around the nose and the radome, much like the Euro 1 ZR option. Also the area behind the rear canopy is different. On my photo it is medium grey between the rear canopy and the gunship grey demarcation.

Did it get a repaint at some point?

Edited by Pete

Well, Pete, that is because I'm an idiot and simply forgot to draw it that way. I did it after I drew the Bergstrom profile and didn't change the paint pattern. You are absolutely right. Thanks!

Edited by jmel

Fixed! That is one the jets I used as a photo reference when I did the Modern Phantom Guide. Its cockpit and camera bays were used throughout the book.

In a former life, this jet was 'Starize' of the 10th TRW, too.

Edited by jmel

When they will be available?

Can we buy them only from your site my friend?

They are at the printers now, so hopefully in about 4 - 5 weeks, give or take. Yes, for right now, they are solely available from speedhuntergraphics.com

Jake, I know I'm really pushing it, but any chance of a 32nd scale sheet with a few options? Only thing I know off is the kit decals from the Revell kit. Thanks.

Chuck

I'm drawing a 1/32 F-4C/D sheet right now. It will have a few jets from the MiG killers sheets enlarged to 1/32, plus a few other jets from different squadrons (Alabama, DC, etc) spread out over two sheets. That will go to the printers when the RF-4 and F-15 sheets return, and if it sells well, I'll certainly consider doing an RF-4C sheet in 1/32. We'll see how it goes.

They are at the printers now, so hopefully in about 4 - 5 weeks, give or take. Yes, for right now, they are solely available from speedhuntergraphics.com

I'm drawing a 1/32 F-4C/D sheet right now. It will have a few jets from the MiG killers sheets enlarged to 1/32, plus a few other jets from different squadrons (Alabama, DC, etc) spread out over two sheets. That will go to the printers when the RF-4 and F-15 sheets return, and if it sells well, I'll certainly consider doing an RF-4C sheet in 1/32. We'll see how it goes.

Any chance those DC marking will be in 1/48, been wanting to do a DC 'D' for years, wing bird or MIG killer?

The DC MiG killer will be released in 1/48 at some point, but I don't know when exactly. I suppose I should release something other than Phantoms one of these days, eh?

:woot.gif: