pray for member jennings

First, glad you and yours are safe. I hope the cat was outdoors or had a readily available exit and a safe place to bunker.

I don't know your lodging situation or your immediate future plans, but is there any way we could set up a gift registry, or some such, so we could hook you up with the post-fledging-the-nest living essentials and get this phoenix started up and out?

Only just found out - I'm very sorry to hear about it. It may be "only stuff", but I certainly would go mad in this situation. I'm glad that no one was hurt, you seem to be quite rational and composed about it and also that your "digital history" isn't affected.

I wish you all the best with some comfort from family and friends, in particular around this time of the year.

Jeffrey

Edited by JeffreyK

Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers everyone. They are more appreciated than I can say. Yesterday was one of the more surreal experiences of my life. I'd gone into town to run a few errands and get some groceries when my neighbor called to say my house was fully engulfed. By the time I got home a small part of one wall and the stone chimney were all that was standing. The rest was a pile of charcoal and ash. Fortunately my dog Lulu was with me, and I'm sure the cat made herself scarce as well, so nobody was hurt in any way. The local volunteer fire department arrived on scene after the house had completely collapsed, so they weren't able to save anything. But that's all just 'stuff', most of which can be replaced. Fortunately my computer was well backed up in the cloud, so I should be fine there.

Now to start over...

Thanks again..

J

this news is troubling, but the bright side of it is that your just fine. Next year you'll be rebuilding, and if there's anything I can do to help let me know. Most anything in my stash is yours friend.

gary

Jennings, so sorry to hear about your house, that is terrible news!

It is so good to hear no one was hurt though, and I wish you well for the long road to rebuilding.

Jeff.

Edited by Gambler

My prayers and hope go to Mr. Jennings. I have had the experience that he is going through five years ago. I was able to salvage some of my collection which sat in my front yard in a portable storage pod for half a year. I suggest all of you that treasure your collections have your insurance inflation proofed or a rider for your collection. I was offered 10 cents on the dollar from the adjuster.

greg

052370-R1-04-5A.jpg[/img]

This is just horrible news. I don't really know what to say, other than I'm glad to hear everybody's OK (two-legged and four-legged.) From the others thread, it sounds like he's got a remarkably positive attitude.

SN

What a terrible thing to happen! You are in my thoughts; I wish there was something practical I could do for you. :(/>

I hope your insurance takes care of the practicalities. I hope this fire doesn't hamper you too much in your studies.

Take care

Edited by Moggy

Glad you're OK, Jennings. Stuff can be replaced. Prayers for you sent!

Joe

THIS!

Glad to hear everyone was ok at lease. Your things can be replaced, your bodies can't.

Edited by loki