pray for member jennings

Once again, a HUGE (really GIGANTIC) Thank You to one and all. The outpouring of support from the online community has been truly amazing. It makes me verklempt :) Through the kind generosity of my neighbor across the hill, we now have a wonderful garage apartment to live in for the duration, so the dog and cat are more or less 'home' and don't have to put up with a fenced yard. I've had so much support from friends, neighbors, co-workers, and even people I don't even know except via the internet that it's truly amazing.

Fire investigator was here on Wednesday, and he said his report will say "Cause undetermined". Lots of clues, but most of them conflict with one another. Some very odd stuff he found. Bottom line is, he doesn't think it was electrical and he doesn't think it was a flue fire (flue was just inspected and cleaned in October, and was in 'perfect' condition). But in the end I guess it doesn't really matter, since the house is gone and whatever happened will never happen again.

I still haven't found my CO2 cylinder. Lord knows it may be in low earth orbit right now, or lying in a pasture two counties away :) I have to say, the flame thrower created when the half full 120 gallon LP tank safety plug blew was quite something to see (and hear). Glad it didn't explode and that the safety plug did its job.

Thanks again for all the kind support. If anyone feels like it, I'm asking for cash donations (checks, MO's) to the Newport, Virginia Volunteer Fire Department. They worked their asses off for me, and they operate on a tiny little shoe string budget. No way they could have saved my house, but they really busted their humps to keep it from spreading to other buildings, woods, hay storage, etc.

Newport Volunteer Fire Department

Newport, VA 24128

USA

Thanks, and I wish everyone a very happy, peaceful, and pleasant holiday season wherever you may be...

J

Jennings,

sorry for replying late. I am very sorry for what happened to you, but glad you are safe.

I understand that you are well insured and most stuff you can buy.

But I guess you had some rare stuff (kits, decals, reference, etc.) in your collection.

What I can offer you is helping you finding these rare/ hard to find items. When you are settled, send me a want list.

I will put it on the modelling pages of primeportal.net, or if I can convice Don, that he puts it on the main page.

This way your needs could be even more spread around the world (interestingly, when we had some raffles a few months ago, most replies came from Eastern Europe).

I whish you all the best!

Thomas

I still haven't found my CO2 cylinder. Lord knows it may be in low earth orbit right now, or lying in a pasture two counties away smile.gif I have to say, the flame thrower created when the half full 120 gallon LP tank safety plug blew was quite something to see (and hear).

rofl.gifSorry Jennings, but the visuals I'm picturing... at least you're able to find some humor in it all. Glad to hear everyone is okay. Definitely not something to trifle with... just recently lost a friends step-dad through a cooking accident and its no way to go.

Thanks again everybody. I'm finally back up and running with a full backup from my old (melted) computer. Fortunately I had an external hard drive that I kept in my locker at work for just such an emergency (although I was thinking tornado, not fire). This will be a good excuse to drastically reduce the stash and hopefully keep it down to a screaming minimum, given the rate at which I build. Right now the stash is at zero, although there is a kit on the way that I'd ordered prior to the fire. I hate to think of the cloud of toxic black smoke when my stash went up! Yikes. :)

Anyway, thank you again to one and all. The online community (as well as my local and work communities) has been amazingly supportive, and it's very heartwarming.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.

J

Jennings,

Your attitude through this whole ordeal is quite amazing and should be an inspiration to others. Just when you think you have it bad, look at the person beside you. Good luck with the rebuild. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and I hope things return to whatever normal is as early in the new year as possible and that you have a terrific 2014.

Chin up!

Mike

Jennings,

So sorry to hear of of your loss. As so many have said, at least you and the pets are safe.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas despite the circumstance and that your future situation ends up being better than what you had before (a big, new man-cave!).

Cheers,

Chris

Again, thanks to one and all. This is the best Christmas I've ever had simply because of all the love and support I've received. It just keeps rolling in, often from places I'd never have expected (like my sister's co-workers at GEICO in Tucson, of all places!). Just overwhelming.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful, blessed holiday. Just remember that you never know from one day to the next how your life may change, so enjoy every one! :)

J

Reading how fellow ARCers have responded to Jennings is a gift to just witness happening. Feels really good to be part of such a good group. Jennings took a big hit. I am excited just being able to read this thread and of Jennings gratitude.

Great Christmas to all.

Rick in Maine