Whats a good source for 1/32nd scale TER's?

This observation won't help at this point, but maybe in the future AeroBonus will come out with TER and MER sets in 1/32. They presently do a beautiful 1/48 TER, as well as a 1/48 MER.

Not sure why AeroBonus calls these Navy equipment - I thought the services used the same MERs and TERs. Can someone shed some light on this - Jim R?

Gene K

Not sure why AeroBonus calls these Navy equipment - I thought the services used the same MERs and TERs. Can someone shed some light on this - Jim R?

Gene K

I was under that impression as well. The following picture is one I found back around 2006 when I was building a Tamiya F-4J and it sure does look like a plain jane TER to me...Not sure of the where I found it except that the caption claimed it was from DaNang during the Viet Nam war circa 1968. Unit code on the tail of bird in the back ground seems to be EC.

TERwith500LBBombs.jpg

TERwith500LBBombs.jpg

Interesting picture. Navy pylon but with some Kind of camouflage? on top.

Definitively Navy bird wuensche to the wheels.

But LAU-3 winder launcher. I thought the F4B was always equipped with the LAU-7.

Scout

BTW. The CAM TER/MER are things of beauty. I guess they where originally mastered by TACSCALE. I have them from both brands and they are 101% identically.

They are so nice, that I plan on finish my (in 2004 started) F-4E with empty TER/MER's. The Tamiya ones are a tiny bit smaller.

I'm attaching an old chart that covers most of the historically relevant MERs and TERs that may be helpful or sew massive confusion. I don't pretend to be an expert on these items, but from a modeling standpoint, if you're talking Vietnam-era aircraft MERs and TERs were pretty much interchangeable, with differences being either internal or too minor to be concerned with. The major exception is the F-111's BRU-3A/A, which was aerodynamically streamlined and required a unique bomb lug be used to mount the bombs without use of sway braces. Post Desert Storm (mid 1990s), the USN/USMC introduced BRU-41 Improved MER (IMER) and BRU-42 ITER, which are different beasts that don't look like the older racks

Edit: Well, that sucks, I uploaded the full size (i.e., readable) chart, but it looks like the download is of MUCH lower resolution. Sorry. :unsure:

USMultBombRacks_zps0f375b1d.jpg

Edited by mrvark

I was under that impression as well. The following picture is one I found back around 2006 when I was building a Tamiya F-4J and it sure does look like a plain jane TER to me...Not sure of the where I found it except that the caption claimed it was from DaNang during the Viet Nam war circa 1968. Unit code on the tail of bird in the back ground seems to be EC.

TERwith500LBBombs.jpg

Those are Marine F-4B's from VMFA-531.

Post Desert Storm (mid 1990s), the USN/USMC introduced BRU-41 Improved MER (IMER) and BRU-42 ITER, which are different beasts that don't look like the older rack

Actually, with the exception of added sway brace pads and additional locking pins for the ejector feet, the BRU-41 and BRU-42 are physically identical to the older MER/TER. The biggest differences are on the inside of the racks.